So Agyei finally signed with a team promoted to League having been associated with at least 3 teams promoted. Wonder if his improvement over the last 12 months will be maintained?
Uwakwe by mutual consent. Why? I thought he'd been signed for 18 months at the same as Agyei and Sambou so his contract was finished anyway (or is it an age thing?).
No news on Ainley, Mellor, BSD or Trigger. I think Mellor is undergoing surgery anyway so will be out of circulation for a few months. However, I thought that maybe Altrincham would have been interested in 2 of the others. Perhaps as a newly professional club without a sugar daddy they won't pay the wages. BSD had a good season with Alty a couple of years ago so perhaps they'd take him as a 'known quantity'. Ainley doesn't necessarily have to drop down a division as he should fit into a lower L2 squad. That is unless clubs are put off by his injuries of the last 2 seasons.
As for Trigger, we may be stuck with him as I can't imagine a local team coming in for him. I say local as I believe he is involved with the Fred Barber goalkeeping school so wouldn't want to move too far away.
Some people might say they are not bothered what happens to Ainley as he's not our player anymore. But he's one of our academy products who had enormous potential but a bit of bad luck and, perhaps, not enough self belief. Like many graduates before,I'd like to see him do well.
As for BSD and Trigger, the urgency is to get them off the wage bill ASAP.