With 6 as an average performance:

Stone - 5.5 didn't acquit himself particularly well when dealing with crosses. One good save with his legs near the end but game was gone by then anyway.

Warner - 5.5 looks an interesting player but not impeccable tonight. Passing generally good and of a forwards persuasion. More of a Cameron 2.0 than Rawlinson 2.0, which is what we were hoping for.

Baldwin - 5.5 excellent on the ball, composed, just gets 5.5 by default for being the central defender in a performance with numerous defensive calamities.

Cameron - 5.5 we know what to expect by now. The odd run down the left flank, not happy defending against physicality, will flop to the ground when he has a player behind him.

Bostock - 6 didn't play badly but didn't stand out as he did earlier in the season. I wonder if that is because he is out of form or because the things he does look great when you're winning and less great when you're losing.

Robertson - 6 generally a decent performance. Used the ball well bar a nightmare minute in the first half. The potential seems to be there to be a tidy passer with the odd burst of speed and physicality.

Nemane - 5 another frustrating performance from him. Last Saturday he burst past his man at the beginning of the game then didn't force the issue for the rest of the game. Tonight he beat his man all ends up and stopped running to cross from deep with pure green meadow in front of him. 10 mins later he tries to beat two defenders positioned together from a standing start. Not just because of these incidents, but others too, I don't understand his decision making.

Jones - 6 great driving run before laying off to Crowley for the goal, then after that some other promising runs and crosses. Lost his man for one of their goals in the first half though.

Crowley - 6.5 played pretty well. Ran around a lot, some nice moments of skill, really well taken goal.

McGoldrick - 5 probably the most skilful player on the pitch in every match we play but affects the game all too rarely. A peripheral figure again tonight.

Langstaff - 5.5 hard to judge him really as he spends most of his time pressing. Had an actual chance towards the end of the game but didn't get a clean strike away. Took a hopeful shot that McGoldrick would've had a much better strike at near the final whistle. Probably could've given him a 5 too but whatever, I've written it now.

Subs

Austin - 5.5 a flurry of dangerous crosses from his side when he came on, then fizzled out a bit. Might have had a better chance at the back post if his chest control had been better. Lost a runner at a defensive set piece.

JoB - 5.5 nothing memorable really.

Overall - tonight was a great chance to start a clean slate on a lovely pitch with fans behind us and beatable opposition. It looked to be going all to plan but Gillingham just did the basics and we didn't.

Once we go behind it's hard for us to come back into it by trying to play through the massed ranks. I feel like our attacking prowess has been overstated somewhat as lots of our goals and chances have come through crosses from Jones on the left or Crowley one-twoing Nemane in behind the full back. If defences do their homework, we don't have a great deal else.

I'd like to see more shots from distance as we have some great strikers of the ball and a striker who would probably appreciate some penalty area pinball. Deflections and rebounds would be better than the service he generally gets.

This team badly needs a bit of impetus from somewhere, whether that be Cedwyn coming back, Jatta coming in, or a tactical tweak or two.