Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
Back home in NL after a massive weekend. First beer Saturday at 5 at Schiphol Airport. Got to Derby station at 0905. Dropped case off at the Aston Court and off the Neppy by 0930. By this time, I already knew with 100% certainty that we would be going up in the automatic place. How? The lift at Birmingham Airport to the monorail to get to the station told me so. A voice said "doors opening" and they opened. The voice then said "doors closing" and they closed. That same voice then said "going up". It was written in the stars with such a prophecy. The club would, absolutely guaranteed, be "in the lift"

True story that, By the way.

Loved the way the advertising boards facing the fans kept displaying the message "stay off the pitch" all game. A message reinforced by the stadium speaker every 10 minutes. Then fans got closer and closer and closer and 2 minutes from time came the words... "please wait for the final whistle before going on the pitch

Only possible issue might be that the fans didn't wait. The 4th official showed 4 minutes of extra time. The storming of the field happened on 92 minutes and 10 seconds. Nice touch was that many fans, me included, took the time to applaud the Carlisle fans who were vociferous to the end.

Pitch celebrations were brilliant. Nice few words from Bird. Matt McGibbon then wished him well for next season with the exception of 2 games, naturally. Back on the Neppy bus for more embibing. The Neppy was as bonecrushingly full as the Popside was on the day we beat Spurs 5-0. Left there about half 6 as I had to go back to check into the hotel as that wasn't possible when I first got there. From there, the Widows was as packed as the Neppy so I moved on to the Brunswick which was pretty empty. A few quiet ones in there, back to the hotel for a nightcap and then bed. Happy as a pig in ****.

10:00 Sunday mourning saw me back in the Neppy. Only half a dozen in there. Kim, behind the bar was glad it wasn't busy. She's done 9 till 9 the day before, had a couple herself before going home, couldn't sleep and only managed about 4 hours of sleep due to constantly waking up. Just after 12, back to the hotel to pick up my case, train to Brum airport, couple of beers and an all day brunch in 'Spoons there and back home.

Excellent weekend. Can't wait for next season... but, like everyone else, I'll have to.

I fully expect we'll know some time this week, which of the out of contract players will be offered a new one. I fully expect around 10 to be seeking a new employer. Whoever they are, wherever they go, they will be remembered for their part in this success.

With regard to B4, before dcfcfans existed he posted on the DT board till that went mammaries up and then on the COYR site where he first wrote of scavers and flanges. Scavers morphing into Scraves when he moved to dcfcfans. Grand lad, at one point he was having difficulty getting a job as he couldn't put a CV together. I was trying to help him, remotely, with that until Elaine Dean stepped in and, being closer to hand, could finish the job more efficiently. B4 took loyalty and enthusiasm to a whole new level. There'll never be another.
As Wallace said to Gromit that were 'a grand day out lad'!

Let's hope that next season produces more of the same, I've quite enjoyed the 🍻🍻🍻🍾🍾🍾🍷🍷🍷if not the🤕🤮