+ Visit Portsmouth FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chesterfield

re: Chesterfield

Quote Originally Posted by gareth747474
    As much as I want us to win...I can't see it. In fact I think it will be easy money from from the bookies for a chesterfield win. Put it this way...if we win or draw I will give up chips and crisps for the rest of the month!
    Looks like I will be packing the deep fat fryer away for the month...

Great result which sort of proves my earlier post. Thought the home team were lucky to get a point and Pompey could easily have won 3-0.
    I think that was as good as I have seen us play this season for 90 minutes and Holmes was outstanding.
    6 points from next two home games would remove all our worries. Thought the Rochdale manager was a bit OTT when he said we may well be in the play off mix at season end.

I took the comment from Keith Hill with a pinch of salt. Just want to win games to get to the magical 52 points RB wants. Both Chesterfield and Rochdale Managers had nice things to say about us, can't deny we didn't deserve those. Be interested to see who RB picks for Saturday, he dropped a hint re tired legs after the game.

Can't believe that was the same team that played Accrington. Wow. I reckon we could still make the play offs if we keep that up. If that sounds a tad optimistic I apologise but that kind of 'blind faith' is what makes my lad and I turn up come rain or shine. Play Up Pompey !!!!

I like your optimism bigspoons. The trouble is this league is consistently inconsistent. PUP!,

Tired legs? They have four and a half days before the next game ffs.
    Good job they are not tennis players who get a couple of days between matches which often last 3 maybe 4 hours of intensive non stop effort.
    I can remember playing three games in a weekend when I was a nipper.
    OK not at professional level but then I didn't train and get looked after by a professional medical team either.

I watched the game on Sky last night and thought we gave a very mature perfomance. OK we were set up to frustrate the opposition and made a very good job of it. We also had the best of the chances, if their goalie hadn't been on his game then we would have won. Carson had very little to do and nothing scary.
    It was wonderful to be able to sit through the last 15 minutes and not to be given the usual white knuckle ride of backs to the wall stuff.
    It does look as if we have begun to put a run together ( if you discount the "S****horpe blip"). Cheltenham have been having a poor run so should be somewhat easier opposition than Chesterfield, but hey who knows... we are Pompey after all. Another couple of good results and top half of the table here we come... a couple of poor results, bottom 3 beckons.. an amazingly close league.

Quote Originally Posted by bluekite
    ...It was wonderful to be able to sit through the last 15 minutes and not to be given the usual white knuckle ride of backs to the wall stuff...

I was following on the BBC site on my mobile (whilst on netball duty!) and was (more than) half expecting to see a 90+3 minute goal for Chesterfield.

Watched the highlights on Kick Off or whatever it's called (what a sh!te programme that is!), and agree, we looked pretty good last night. Shame Jervis didn't square it when he took a shot and hit the post though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)