+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 4 weeks without a home fixture

4 weeks without a home fixture

Not an ideal situation for Queens at the moment .

Maybe an idea to get the Hibs tickets ( our next opponents on 20th Sep ) printed out & on sale now .

This'll see money in the club funds & it gives fans plenty time to purchase them .

Over to you Commercial Team

re: 4 weeks without a home fixture

Sounds like a good idea but who's going to sell the tickets as the club got rid of the most reliable & likeable person in the office

'' power to the people ''

All home games need maximum exposure and I personally don't think Queens do enough .

They shouldn't have to rely on the Trust to print & distribute posters around town & advertise the games on their website , Facebook & Twitter page (the Trust do a great job by the way )

More work is required by the club IMO , please take this as constructive criticism if you like

Who's responsible for advertising games ?

A match day reminder on social media sites or that tiny advert in the Standard isn't good enough .

Our next 3 home games are Hibs , Hearts & Falkirk with all bringing big supports to Palmerston . Queens as a club must go out their way to attract & advertise these games if they want more home fans through the gates .

It would appear to me that we're understaffed or perhaps somebody isn't quite doing their job properly when it comes to PR work

I hope Queens can address this situation ASAP

I'd imagine plenty fans would help out , all they've got to do is ask

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919
    All home games need maximum exposure and I personally don't think Queens do enough .

They shouldn't have to rely on the Trust to print & distribute posters around town & advertise the games on their website , Facebook & Twitter page (the Trust do a great job by the way )

More work is required by the club IMO , please take this as constructive criticism if you like
    Every effort is made by Queens Mad to promote fixtures on this board and on the social media however several supporter Queens supporter sites have either removed our posts or have asked us not to continue posting.

Queens Mad supports all organisations connected with Queens and they are free to post what they like. They can also advertise their organisation free on these pages - you only need to ask.

Some of the comments on here are unbelievable.Everybody knows football at our level is played at 3pm on a Saturday with the odd exception. The Standard, Courier both run big previews on their back pages about the upcoming games. This along with the website, social media etc.
    Talk about trying to pick faults !!

Quote Originally Posted by geojos67
    Some of the comments on here are unbelievable.Everybody knows football at our level is played at 3pm on a Saturday with the odd exception. The Standard, Courier both run big previews on their back pages about the upcoming games. This along with the website, social media etc.
    Talk about trying to pick faults !!
    Apologies if you don't agree with my comments geojos67 but I personally think some more self promotion must take place at times .

I actually only want the best for the club and would love to see more home supporters through the gates on a Saturday

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)