+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hi lads

re: Hi lads

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959
    I have the title of claws book in my diary as I keep meaning to order it for my Ipad, unfortunately my diary is at work :/
    Rammy read it and said it was very good[/quote]

A piece of the action - Graham Price, aka Claw

Service or Section, but I think most people refer to it as Service. Claw will clarify it though

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram
    I have the title of claws book in my diary as I keep meaning to order it for my Ipad, unfortunately my diary is at work :/
    Rammy read it and said it was very good[/quote]

A piece of the action - Graham Price, aka Claw

Service or Section, but I think most people refer to it as Service. Claw will clarify it though[/quote]

I think Penfold is right Rammy as I recall a distant inkling of a memory ocuring for me

That's the one, thanks Ram.

A saving of 82% to download for your kindle.

Cheers Rammy .

No hay de que

quote="gaz1959"]Your wrong there Alfie, I was in the Marines and our special forces are the Special Boat Section...the SBS, who are in fact trained up to protect oil installations around the UK.

Buc, after 4 years working my way up I became a qualified Barge Engineer 1, which meant being responsible for all the electro-hydraulics on the rig, mainly Jack-ups. So my busiest time was moving operations when I was responsible for raising and lowering the legs and predriving them to certain pressures to maintain stability.

The worst place for that was in the swamps of Nigeria. Where even when we were above the water the vibration from drilling would make the mud jellify and we would start tilting over.

Earned our money there that's for sure as all the locals would abandon ship and just leave us 6 expats to put things right. Still don't get me started. I'm sure you still

Alfie, hope you do get to read my book, I have written it as a work of fiction although parts are true. Such as the battle in Borneo which I took part in. However it would ruffle too many feathers, but it is not boring.

The SBS is the Special Boat Service, don't know why I said section silly me. And I should know as I took part in an SBS aquaint to see if you are suitable. One of the tests involved was diving in a rebreather set in Singapore harbour.The visability was about a foot and you had to swim under 2 ships with just a compass strapped to your wrist to find your way. So I have a lot of respect for those men because for me it was a bit too scary.

Hope you like the book Alfie, give us a bit of feedback if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84
    Alfie, hope you do get to read my book, I have written it as a work of fiction although parts are true. Such as the battle in Borneo which I took part in. However it would ruffle too many feathers, but it is not boring.

The SBS is the Special Boat Service, don't know why I said section silly me. And I should know as I took part in an SBS aquaint to see if you are suitable. One of the tests involved was diving in a rebreather set in Singapore harbour.The visability was about a foot and you had to swim under 2 ships with just a compass strapped to your wrist to find your way. So I have a lot of respect for those men because for me it was a bit too scary.

Hope you like the book Alfie, give us a bit of feedback if you do.
    It will be on my wish list for Christmas Claw...

If Claw is the main character in the book, he is one randy b ugger with the women

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimeram
    If Claw is the main character in the book, he is one randy b ugger with the women

Hey Rammy.. Don't spoil it for me..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345