+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wolves local paper match report

Wolves local paper match report

I know the game is history now but thought if anyone was interested there is a very good honest match report by Tim Nash in last nights Express & Star. Please don't ask for a link coz I'm a bit thick when it comes to things like that but I'm sure Google will sort you out. expressandstar.com
    Just to give you an idea of the tone, it reads,
    "From the masterclass that deserved to put them top to the classy way they acknowledged our fallen heroes for remembrance Sunday,Derby are a premier league club on & off the pitch in everything but."
    It goes on in very glowing terms about how we took Wolves to the cleaners. Very good reading.
    Not sure how many of you will see this with 'Ad gate!!' going on at the minute but still.

re: Wolves local paper match report

It's a shame you cant post the link. I had a quick search but couldn't find the article, or at least the bits you quote.

As for adgate, I haven't noticed an increase in ad's, just the option of payin' out to get rid. I won't take the option, but not sure why a company wanting to make more money comes as a surprise to anyone.

is it this one ? - view external link

Sorry guys. I've just been online & yes that is the online match report Lewyman but I have the old fashioned paper/printed version. The report in that was much more detailed & well written. Shame really, but I imagine the DET had plenty of pages on it too.

We also played to Derby's strengths. Like us, they do a lot better against passing sides that do not play a physical game and do not sit back and invite them on. They've struggled this season against spoiler teams just like we have. I think we tried to out pass them, left far too many gaps in midfield and at the back and got well and truly caught out.

Wolves' fans know their football and a very decent set of fans too. The three Wolves I spoke with predicted the drubbing.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)