+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 3-5-2

3-5-2

First time that I have EVER seen this work for Queens and boy did it work. Three solid defenders with one of them a natural ( Higgins) for playing left side of a defensive trio. This and two very fit athletic guys in Kidd and Holt willing to bomb up and down both flanks . Signs are that we might just have the formation to play this way now. Special mention to the much maligned Lewis Kidd. He was superb today.

re: 3-5-2

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG
    First time that I have EVER seen this work for Queens and boy did it work. Three solid defenders with one of them a natural ( Higgins) for playing left side of a defensive trio. This and two very fit athletic guys in Kidd and Holt willing to bomb up and down both flanks . Signs are that we might just have the formation to play this way now. Special mention to the much maligned Lewis Kidd. He was superb today.
    Think you are over-egging the Kidd Omelette, he was competetent IMO, superb NO!

Dowie, Burns and Gavin (for workrate and goal) my guys that wee bit better than the rest

To me it looked more like 3-4-1-2 with Paton just behind the front two. Kidd had a decent enough game, as he did last week at Cowdenbeath. Star of the show for me was Burnsy absolutely brilliant all over the park. Gave everything, almost back to his best.

Quote Originally Posted by topfitter
    Think you are over-egging the Kidd Omelette, he was competetent IMO, superb NO!

Dowie, Burns and Gavin (for workrate and goal) my guys that wee bit better than the rest[/quote] Sorry Andy, I stick by my original comment . Great engine the boy.

Agree with this post 100%. Every player was a star yesterday but for me the three central defenders were immense.

Take it you weren`t at Cowdenbeath last week JR. Same formation as yesterday albeit with a couple of personnel changes seemed to work pretty well there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister
    Take it you weren`t at Cowdenbeath last week JR. Same formation as yesterday albeit with a couple of personnel changes seemed to work pretty well there.[/quote]No, I was working last Saturday but heard we had lined up in a similar way. Promising signs on yesterdays evidence.

Think kidd gets a rough deal from the fans we've only just realised his best position theres times he plays great balls through the channel but our strikers don't attempt to get it and with a good spell in the side he could come a very important player for us

Good luck to Dan Carmichael, Ian Russell, Mark Millar and Steven McKenna for getting a start. Can't see Queens making too many changes in the next few games, the one change I'd personally make is Mitchell in for Kidd, Mitchell probably more than matches kidds attacking play, far better passer and defender than Kidd. In fact I recall him playing in the League Cup 1st round vs Alloa under Magic in the 12/13 season playing RM and gave the LB for Alloa a torrid time, scored after 10ish minutes I believe, we went on to win that day 5-2. But after the injury will he have the legs to match players like Keatings, Conroy etc

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)