+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Did Wednesday nick our song book?

Did Wednesday nick our song book?

Did anyone else think that Wednesday fans seemed to be singing all our songs yesterday?
    Although it did contribute to a great atmosphere to be fair...or have we nicked their songs????
    South stand looked good bouncing too!

re: Did Wednesday nick our song book?

do you mean literally? didnt someone propose an actual songbook? :/

Quote Originally Posted by yamyamram
    Did anyone else think that Wednesday fans seemed to be singing all our songs yesterday?
    Although it did contribute to a great atmosphere to be fair...or have we nicked their songs????
    South stand looked good bouncing too!
    You must be new to football or very young.

I wish!!Been a Rams fan 37 years. It was more a tongue in cheek question really. Ive not heard any other away fans sing 'we're gonna bounce in a minute' or 'if you don't f***** bounce you're a red' like we do.Just wondering who sang it first?

I think you will find that was a nicked song just slight change of words.

Nearly every song sang is nicked from other clubs including that stupid nar nar nar nar nar rubbish.

True football songs have gone for the cheap abuse that some think is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by yamyamram
    I wish!!Been a Rams fan 37 years. It was more a tongue in cheek question really. Ive not heard any other away fans sing 'we're gonna bounce in a minute' or 'if you don't f***** bounce you're a red' like we do.Just wondering who sang it first?
    They did mate... The bouncy is a Glasgow thing I think.
    Not sure we have an original DCFC song but someone will put me right is we do.

I remember Wednesday singing it ages ago at pride park before the rangers game. A long time before we sang it. I thought Rangers sang we bouncy bouncy la la la when we playe them at pride park ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bottomline
    I remember Wednesday singing it ages ago at pride park before the rangers game.
    yup. Wednesday taught it us. fair play to them.

not meaning to be pedantic but I think I was just after he rangers game. first home (league) game of the season. 2-2 I think it ended up with us 2-0 at half time.

I think they sing 'blade' as opposed to red.

We nicked it of Wednesday - view external link

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)