+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: £35,000-00

£35,000-00

Thats what the BBC spends "every" week on taxi
    fares , for it's staff, celebrity guests etc.
    Like any left wing organisation it is completely
    overstaffed with grossly overpaid people,some who are paid over a million , and many who are paid well over £500,000.
    i sincerely hope it's unveiled efforts to shoe
    wallace into office at the general election come unstuck !

as a licence fee payer i will have my say

re: £35,000-00

What and where is the website for BBC jobs...please respond asap!!!

I searched on line "work-a-half-day", "sleep late", and "overpaid/underworked" and came up empty!?

Quote Originally Posted by TundraWolf
    What and where is the website for BBC jobs...please respond asap!!!

I searched on line "work-a-half-day", "sleep late", and "overpaid/underworked" and came up empty!?
    - view external link

i have my figures wrong

so apologies to all

the BBC does not spend £35,000 every week on
    taxis, it spends £31,000 every day !!

if it were owt to do w'me ,i would close the
    BBC down tomorrow. - view external link

Over here in the States, the NFL main office is registered as a non profit so they get a great deal of tax breaks. The league generates $9.5 billion (~6.6 billion pounds) in revenue each year (average team value is $1.5 billion)The commissioner, Roger Goodell, makes $44 million annually (~28.5 billion pounds).

You don't hear much about it, but there is sure a h3ll of alot of chatter about "welfare waste." Just making the NFL register as a for-profit generates hundreds of millions of tax revenue. And I'm sure there's other for-profit companies getting through this loophole. I brought up a Howard Zinn quote in another thread, but it's appropriate here - grand thieves are running the country, but the petty thieves (and middle class) pay for it.

Funny how things change isn't it? When did this apparent left wing bias creep in?

I distinctly remember years ago the complaints about "Auntie" with its plummy voiced newscasters, Home Counties based coverage and posh presenters being far too Tory! They actually addressed the accusations on "Nationwide" (remember that?)

Mind you that was about forty years ago, when the BBC was very snobbish. Even their very rare working class characters like Alf Garnet voted Conservative and let you know about it! You'd certainly never have found snobs like Margo from "The Good Life", or toffs like Jon Pertwee's Doctor Who, Basil Brush or Sgt. Wilson from "Dad's Army" over on ITV where everyone was common.

Those vulgar lefties from "Love Thy Neighbour", "Rising Damp" or "On The Buses" would never have been given airtime by the snooty old Beeb.

Quote Originally Posted by tony
    Funny how things change isn't it? When did this apparent left wing bias creep in?

I distinctly remember years ago the complaints about "Auntie" with its plummy voiced newscasters, Home Counties based coverage and posh presenters being far too Tory! They actually addressed the accusations on "Nationwide" (remember that?)

Mind you that was about forty years ago, when the BBC was very snobbish. Even their very rare working class characters like Alf Garnet voted Conservative and let you know about it! You'd certainly never have found snobs like Margo from "The Good Life", or toffs like Jon Pertwee's Doctor Who, Basil Brush or Sgt. Wilson from "Dad's Army" over on ITV where everyone was common.

Those vulgar lefties from "Love Thy Neighbour", "Rising Damp" or "On The Buses" would never have been given airtime by the snooty old Beeb.

rentboy

fictional entertainment from the past provided
    by the bbc is nowt to do with what i meant

li

Quote Originally Posted by Greavseywolf

fictional entertainment from the past provided
    by the bbc is nowt to do with what i meant
    I know that mate

And you know me well enough to know that I just like to take things off on a mischievous, lighthearted tangent from time to time

But there WAS a time when The BBC was regarded as a central pillar of the establishment, and, as such, though ostensibly impartial, held an undeniably softly conservative (with a small 'c') stance on most issues. Admittedly that was decades ago; I'm just bemused at how the pendulum appears to have swung the other way - or has it?

I read online that at least one recent independent survey has concluded the Beeb is biased to the right - relying (so the report argues) too much on feedback and soundbites from the City and economists to drive forward its news coverage. A lot of the (be honest, almost entirely right wing) printed media peddle this idea of left leaning at the BBC.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)