+ Visit Swindon Town FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: PNE v STFC

PNE v STFC

will the singer sing today?

Will Swindon win 15-0?

Let's hope for a cracking game anyway

re: PNE v STFC

Unlucky Swindon ,well played Preston.

Hope Preston get automatic now and Swindon overcome the plastics at Wembley ..

Think Preston will have to win their last match as the plastics look tied on to eon at home..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo
    Unlucky Swindon ,well played Preston.

Hope Preston get automatic now and Swindon overcome the plastics at Wembley ..

Think Preston will have to win their last match as the plastics look tied on to eon at home..
    Cheers Alfi and yes we will definitely have to win our last game and I will tell you what it wont be a given as Colchester are still in the hunt to save themselves. They have the Swindon boys midweek as their game in hand and the way Swindon played on Saturday I think they will beat you lot unfortunately as you have your mind on other matters.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959
    will the singer sing today?

Will Swindon win 15-0?

Let's hope for a cracking game anyway
    We enjoyed the game but to be honest you only had a couple of half chances which we blocked and that was your lot. Dont get me wrong you had your fair share of posession but it was in areas we were happy for you to play. I can at least another 7-8 good or half chances we had and the score could have been far worse.

The one annoying thing you did pretty much throughout the first half in particular was your goalie (Beresford I think) kept the ball for large parts of the game and kept passing to defenders and in turn them back to him. I do not know what you were trying to achieve with this tactic but it ended up infuriating the crowd and in turn our players started to apply the pressure and caught you out several times.

Congratulations gards, one more win and you are promoted! But there is no mention that we put out a reserve team against you with 7 first teamers being rested which really surprised me, 4 of the team against you were academy players so im surprised you didnt win by more. Robinson the MD Dons manager isnt happy but Cooper is obviously resting players for the play offs, but you deserve to go up in 2nd place and i guess we will have to beat Sheffield United and MK Dons in the play offs which i cant see us doing! I hope the above explains why we didnt bother your goal keeper gards? Congratulations again, assuming you win your final match

Quote Originally Posted by lazaat
    Congratulations gards, one more win and you are promoted! But there is no mention that we put out a reserve team against you with 7 first teamers being rested which really surprised me, 4 of the team against you were academy players so im surprised you didnt win by more. Robinson the MD Dons manager isnt happy but Cooper is obviously resting players for the play offs, but you deserve to go up in 2nd place and i guess we will have to beat Sheffield United and MK Dons in the play offs which i cant see us doing! I hope the above explains why we didnt bother your goal keeper gards? Congratulations again, assuming you win your final match
    Laz - it was duly noted when we were heading to Deepdale to be honest and I don't blame Cooper for making wholesale changes as his priority now is getting prepped for the play-offs. I am not sure Plastics will be happy but that is Swindons decision and what is best for the club, plus it probably also

Well done PNE nearly there

I agree with Laz of course and it sickened a lot of fans to see us go to yours with this attitude.

I don't blame MK for being upset and I fear this may escalate as it did for Ian Holloway at Bloomfield

"The one annoying thing you did pretty much throughout the first half in particular was your goalie (Beresford I think) kept the ball for large parts of the game and kept passing to defenders and in turn them back to him. I do not know what you were trying to achieve with this tactic but it ended up infuriating the crowd and in turn our players started to apply the pressure and caught you out several times".

I really dont know why Cooper asks our goalkeeper and defence to do this, believe me gards it infuriates us too and we have given away many silly goals by doing this, i would much rather the goalkeeper just punted it up the field when he is being pressurised but i think Cooper and Power have decided we will play football from the back at all times?

I think there is a happy medium to be had in this instance and while I applaud playing from the back, mixing it up a bit won't do your team any harm

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959
    Well done PNE nearly there

I agree with Laz of course and it sickened a lot of fans to see us go to yours with this attitude.

I don't blame MK for being upset and I fear this may escalate as it did for Ian Holloway at Bloomfield
    I can almost taste it Gaz

Will be in Keswick on a long weekend this weekend so over the moon we are on Sky. Will root out one of those cracking pubs and settle down to a pint of Wainwright or 3 and hopefully see the Yellow Army sneak us over the line. Knowing us Nobbers I may also need several Whiskey chasers to boot