+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A leader required

A leader required

Interesting listening to McClaren on the DCFC Forum event (see link).

More leadership required doesn't sound great news for Richard Keogh. I think we all agree that he did crumble under the pressure of the captaincy. He couldn't even do the team talks in the team huddles (Bucko would do it if present).

You would think that a captain must be on the list of targets.

Jason Shackell? - view external link

re: A leader required

crumbling under the pressure maybe a bit harsh. personally I just don't think he's a natural leader. I see more leadership from bucko and chris martin.

lack of leadership was definitively a big factor in our end of season form imo. not coincidence that the two I mentioned were injured.

for angry's sake we can add Eustace to that list too. another one that was injured of course.

Quote Originally Posted by wristslasher_909

More leadership required doesn't sound great news for Richard Keogh. I think we all agree that he did crumble under the pressure of the captaincy. He couldn't even do the team talks in the team huddles (Bucko would do it if present).

Jason Shackell?
    I recommend Rattea as player/captain/coach.

He'll get you up in a jiffy!

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid
    crumbling under the pressure maybe a bit harsh. personally I just don't think he's a natural leader. I see more leadership from bucko and chris martin.

lack of leadership was definitively a big factor in our end of season form imo. not coincidence that the two I mentioned were injured.

for angry's sake we can add Eustace to that list too. another one that was injured of course.
    Apart from the obvious... I make you right, Keogh is not a leader.. I see no leadership qualities in him and yes much more from Bucko..
    Ideally I think the skipper should be a CB or the holding player. Not too keen on a striker doing it.
    I think the pathetic huddles in the Millwall game were down to Keogh and that just about sums his qualities up.. Park stuff..

Keogh isn't a leader but he definitely didn't crumble. I don't think one player is the solution, we need probably 2 or 3 players who'll command a game for us. No Martin or Eustace/Thorne last season ended our challenge.

we need a leader for this club not Sheffield utd.

Quote Originally Posted by wristslasher_909

Jason Shackell?
    Has it taken Mac this long to realize we need a leader. I think I posted about last November we needed one. Been obvious for a long long time.

Quote Originally Posted by ramspride

Jason Shackell?
    Has it taken Mac this long to realize we need a leader. I think I posted about last November we needed one. Been obvious for a long long time.[/quote]

I doubt it! Knowing you need one is one thing, finding one you can afford and who is available is another!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)