+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: John Bowler MBE

John Bowler MBE

See our Chairman heads off to Buckingham Palace to collect his honour for services to football

Well done John for what you have done to the club and ensuring that the foundations are in place for when you decide to call it a day.

re: John Bowler MBE

There can't be that many clubs with a Chairman and a Director both receiving MBEs for services to football.
    I can't add to your comments, Chalkdust. You summed it up well.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLeicester
    There can't be that many clubs with a Chairman and a Director both receiving MBEs for services to football.
    I can't add to your comments, Chalkdust. You summed it up well.
    We had one. Probably the most despised person ever connected to the club and nearly destroyed us (and the only one to make money from the problems we had).

The foudations were there before JB arrived

We could win the League by 12 points playing scintillating football whilst turning a profit in excess of £5million and some people would still find it a failure.

God help Mrs itwasin, oh sorry, he must still live with his mother with a personality like that.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex
    We could win the League by 12 points playing scintillating football whilst turning a profit in excess of £5million and some people would still find it a failure.

God help Mrs itwasin, oh sorry, he must still live with his mother with a personality like that.
    - view external link

The word "churlish" springs to mind, Aston. And several other words as well, but I am far to polite to use them on a forum such as this. Now, get me on Facebook and that may be a different matter!