+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just curious

re: Just curious

There may be nothing in it.

But this is the biggest single transfer day in the clubs history, which includes the clubs record signing - and the manager can't be seen anywhere?

Is he having a say in who we buy or is he just being given a squad and told to coach it?

The latter I reckon. The players coming in are being dictated by Rush and Morris in my opinion.

SR: Paul, go and get me a coffee!

PC. Yes boss, coming up boss

MM. I want a wagon wheel with my coffee!

PC. Yes other boss, I will nip down to the Spar now!

I don't understand why some people have to read things into situations. The fact that PC is not in either picture is of little or no consequence. He has a job to do which is more important than photo ops. I feel certain that he has had input into the choice of players............................... But that's also speculation.

Rattea has struck upon something here, but I'm not sure exactly what his point is.

The structure is as follows:

Mel Morris (plus board) - Supplying the dough
    Sam Rush - Deal maker
    Chris Evans - Head of Scouting
    Paul Clement - Head Coach

Paul Clement will have a major say in getting what he needs to put a successful squad together. It would be ludicrous to suggest otherwise. MM is a business man, and a very successful one, he isn't stupid enough to think he should be choosing players, dictating transfers etc.

The Paul Clement is a 'yes' man stuff is simply destabilising nonsense from fans who really should know better.

Oops that's me told off then! :-(

Maybe just who was available at the time, but Ramondo has a point, certainly in pre-season it was Clement photographed with the likes of Bent and Weimann. The dough and deal makers were much more low profile.

Are we seriously discussing who was in the photos on deadline day?

Can't we start a thread about how excited we are about the team we're putting together?

I would've but I can't be *********d now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)