+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: San Marino v England - The Rooney Show?

re: San Marino v England - The Rooney Show?

Scum buddy.... Did I mis read your post 'World Cup hero linekar'? He's never won it or were you referring to the hat trick when he had a cast on his arm? Remember that game well .... Working evenings down the pit and I kept ringing the control room for an update....couldn't believe he and the rest of the team pulled it off .... Against Poland I think?

Yes Brin mate, I'm referring to him winning the golden boot in 86. I was only 12 and he was an absolute legend to me. Then again his goals in 90 took England agonisingly close to the World Cup final. I still think we were the best team at that tournament and it's a close as England will get to winning a World Cup in my life time.

Slightly different subject I'm happy to see Wales on the verge of qualification. A fitting legacy to Gary Speed.

I'm also happy to see Wales on the brink of qualification, they only need a win (maybe not even that) against Bosnia or Andorra too so it's certain. I'm also happy to see Norn Iron on the verge of qualification. It's good to see other home nations joining us at a tournament. It's just a shame the Sweaties are so dire.

Come-on England were playing a toy town team, made up of people who really work for a living, not just doing commercials & kicking a bag of wind, like Rooney & co.
    Get real, see what happens when England play a team of proper footballers.

Rooney couldn't get no-where near to what Charlton was, A true Professional footballer.

Rooney was jealous of Charlton's comb over.

Rooney won't be regarded the same as Charlton and Linekar until he performs well at a major championships. He's been to several World Cup/Euros and his scoring record is poor. In that sense Shearer is another who outshines him, for Euro 96 alone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12