+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Squad battling bug

re: Squad battling bug

Quote Originally Posted by OleOle
    McGhee quote :

“We also have a responsibility to the competition. We’ve still got Celtic to play, so I don’t particularly want to go into the Aberdeen game with half a team and then have my full team out against Celtic."

So there you have it, boys. McGhoo is doing this to try and give his beloved team, Celtic, an advantage. The guy is an utter c0ck and, if I were a Motherwell fan, I would be raging about a statement like that.
    I don't see whats wrong with it to be honest. His first priority is his employer, Motherwell FC, but there is an obligation to field his strongest team in games. It would be a farce if Aberdeen won comfortably tomorrow if we fielded a very much weakened side - I'm not talking about 2/3/4 injuries or illnesses here and we drew or beat Celtic with an almost full side. Where's the fair competition in that?

Quote Originally Posted by Wellup4it
    McGhee quote :

“We also have a responsibility to the competition. We’ve still got Celtic to play, so I don’t particularly want to go into the Aberdeen game with half a team and then have my full team out against Celtic."

So there you have it, boys. McGhoo is doing this to try and give his beloved team, Celtic, an advantage. The guy is an utter c0ck and, if I were a Motherwell fan, I would be raging about a statement like that.
    I don't see whats wrong with it to be honest. His first priority is his employer, Motherwell FC, but there is an obligation to field his strongest team in games. It would be a farce if Aberdeen won comfortably tomorrow if we fielded a very much weakened side - I'm not talking about 2/3/4 injuries or illnesses here and we drew or beat Celtic with an almost full side. Where's the fair competition in that? [/quote]

It's irrelevant now because the game's go

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886
    Nae chance the game will be postponed. So, we get on with it. And, just when McGhee's got some back on board, he goes and comes out with another Doh! moment ... part of his rationale for maybe asking for a postponement on R Scotland was 'I think we need to be able to field our best teams against both Aberdeen and Celtic for the sake of the title race being fair' - what the faak's that got to do with anything? Crawling up to the Celtic board again perhaps?
    McGhee just can't help himself when it comes to opening his yap. The fact that he even mentioned Celtic and the title race is just plain daft as it has nothing to do with us, or him in his capacity as Motherwell manager and yet again he is letting his renta quote media darling status override his professional duties as Motherwell manager.

Though it is interesting that he said that he needs to field his strongest team against both Aberdeen and Celtic when he had no problem dropp

Not much need to condemn McGhee! He's the best possible manager we could attract and has the teams best interest in putting out a competitive team, of that I have no doubt! Shame this bug has come at a time when we were getting a few points on the board! Another repeat of 6 - 0 and the heads will be down for weeks to come.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman
    Nae chance the game will be postponed. So, we get on with it. And, just when McGhee's got some back on board, he goes and comes out with another Doh! moment ... part of his rationale for maybe asking for a postponement on R Scotland was 'I think we need to be able to field our best teams against both Aberdeen and Celtic for the sake of the title race being fair' - what the faak's that got to do with anything? Crawling up to the Celtic board again perhaps?
    McGhee just can't help himself when it comes to opening his yap. The fact that he even mentioned Celtic and the title race is just plain daft as it has nothing to do with us, or him in his capacity as Motherwell manager and yet again he is letting his renta quote media darling status override his professional duties as Motherwell manager.

Though it is interesting that he said that he needs to field his strongest team against both Ab

afc_1983 ... You're so right about MM's comment on the 'fairness' tosh ... he's just ar5e-licking the Sellik board as he always does (he'll never accept they don't want him, but let's just allow his delusions of grandeur to go on, and on, and on)!
    As for the other comment about our guys flying at yours tomorrow - here's hoping they do and we get a result. If you're travelling, hope you have a good day, but not too good a result. Cheers.

Not much of a McGhee fan and he really should sometimes engage his brain before opening his mouth, however the facts are that we've taken more points off Celtic than Aberdeen this season so he can hardly be seen as favouring Celtic! Aberdeen fans coming on here for a moan is pathetic.

Good last comment COUTTSY. I really don't think that McGhee is appealing to the Celtic board... he's already said his chances of ever managing Celtic have been in gone! I think McGhee will be good for the Well for a few years yet!

Given the result today! Any one wanting to soften their opinion on McGhee?

Quote Originally Posted by goluckykid
    Given the result today! Any one wanting to soften their opinion on McGhee?
    He's done a great job, it's undeniable. Next season will be another massive challenge but he's earned our backing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)