+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Finishing the season with a flourish

Finishing the season with a flourish

Most Lichtie fans would gladly see the back of this miserable season right now. We probably need around 4-5 more points from the final 6 games to reach safety - No 1 priority. But with a new manager, it's ***** to end on as positive a note as we can - view external link

re: Finishing the season with a flourish

I am confident under the new Management team that we will beat the drop but my only worry is scoring the goals to get the points required.
    We are relying on a midfielder (Bobby) and a young striker from Arbroath Vics (Kane) and that is not being disrespectful to the Vics but basically that is what the last Manager has dragged us down too with his crazy signings/frees/loans.
    I see Templeman has signed an extended contract with the Mo, a player we could have done with in our current position BIG TIME!!

Quote Originally Posted by AFC1320
    I am confident under the new Management team that we will beat the drop but my only worry is scoring the goals to get the points required.
    We are relying on a midfielder (Bobby) and a young striker from Arbroath Vics (Kane) and that is not being disrespectful to the Vics but basically that is what the last Manager has dragged us down too with his crazy signings/frees/loans.
    I see Templeman has signed an extended contract with the Mo, a player we could have done with in our current position BIG TIME!!
    Yes Montrose did well today with Templeman! And we win against a team with another of your players at the heart of their defence! We should be safe now without your suggestions! Com on the lichties!

I can only apoligise if you do not agree that Templeman and Andrews would not make our current squad of players better.
    I base this on in the past Andrews wins EVERY ball in the air against us and Templeman has always been a threat against us.
    Long term they are not the future for us but short term they both would have been good signings and also helped our young players.
    I will put this down to your knowledge of fitba to be the size of a pea.
    Good night and have a Happy Easter..

C'Mon the Lichties 36-0.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC1320
    I can only apoligise if you do not agree that Templeman and Andrews would not make our current squad of players better.
    I base this on in the past Andrews wins EVERY ball in the air against us and Templeman has always been a threat against us.
    Long term they are not the future for us but short term they both would have been good signings and also helped our young players.
    I will put this down to your knowledge of fitba to be the size of a pea.
    Good night and have a Happy Easter..

C'Mon the Lichties 36-0.
    As I expected because someone doesn't agree with you they must be wrong! You have often said that it's all about oppinion and that is something that we are all entitled to but it seems if it's not yours it's not acceptable! As I might have more years experience than you my knowledge might be the size of a pea but as your brain is smaller than that I'll take your comment as a compliment!

I am disappointed that Arbroath fans are fallingslagging one another because we have endured such a terrible season.
    Let's be clear here, the fault does not rest with the long suffering fans who have paid good money to watch their team humiliated week after week, nor does it rest with Lumsden, who should never have been considered for the job. The fault rests squarely with the people who appointed him in the first place, gave him a 2 YEAR DEAL and kept him on even when it was obvious he was totally inept.
    If the fans want to vent their anger, do it toward the people who got us in this mess!

You have just condrIdicted yourself???
    My OPINION was Templeman/Andrews would have been good signings until the seasons end and yours is not so leave it at that but you have to have a childllish reply!!
    Grow up FFS.

WOW, if this is how to finish the season with a flourish I'd hate to see what it would be like finishing on a downer.
    C'mon, we've just won an away game, that I for one would have been pleased to take 1 point from, setting us up for a hard game against the league leaders next Saturday.
    Lumsden, etc. have gone and what's done cannot be undone, as the saying goes, so let's look forward to a good end to this hellish season. Things should change for the better with the new management team and a push for promotion next season should be our aim.
    Someone once said that opinions are like a***holes, everybody's got one.

C'mon Children, Lets not squabble about who is right or wrong about hypothetical signings which will most likely not happen now and celebrate a very welcome win and 3 more precious points from yesterday. First half dreadful but whatever **** put in the half time brew, he needs to feed it to the team before the match starts. My MoM was again Ricky Little, surely our player of the season.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)