+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Koeman - will he, won't he ?

Koeman - will he, won't he ?

Reports this morning (speculative, I suspect) that RK is set to sign a new two year contract at SMS.

Whilst the guy's not irreplaceable, there can't be many Saints fans would be disappointed to see him leave the club. So come on Les and Ron, let's push to get this one over the line ASAP.

re: Koeman - will he, won't he ?

Would like to hear one way or another, if only to put all the speculation to bed.
    Personally would be very disappointed if he moved on, but he is on record as saying that he has a contract (with one year left) with Southampton FC. Taken literally it seems that he will fulfill that commitment at the very least. I hope he signs another deal with Saints but I expect he would looking for a few assurances regarding players, transfers and future policy.

Quote Originally Posted by kernow
    I hope he signs another deal with Saints but I expect he would looking for a few assurances regarding players, transfers and future policy.
    And who could blame him ?

Make your mind up time for the board.
    Will they invest to the next level and try and be a top 4 club with aspirations which I guess is what Koeman would want, or be happy knocking around the top half also knowing Ron will then leave.

So far they have made mainly wise decisions, I know f*ck all about football finance but am hoping they are up for the challenge and can see Saints and RK being a worthwhile venture for the future.

I hope Koeman stays but not because we will spend mega bucks on players (although I hope we do) but because he came with a reputation for developing young players so if we can buy mega bucks players and develop from our wonderful academy as well. Bingo !!!!