+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lyle on brink of 100 goals and 300 appearances

So Thomson had 231 appearances and 114 goals. A pretty decent return on a goal every 2.0263.

Lyle is on a goal every 3.0303.

Both include appearances as subs and not only games started.

On starts Derek L is on 2.3434 ratio

Andy T on starts was 1.719 ratio
    Last edited by ALBERTZ_11; 15-08-2016 at 09:49 AM.

i think del boy will bag a barrow load this season ,with our style of play and mr dobbie in the squad that 114 of andy t will go this season .

It wouldn't surprise me. I reckon that 114 will be his target to surpass Andy Thomson. That would require 19 to equal and 20 to pass it.

Is your maths correct - 99 goals plus another 16 by the Tan Man would see him lead Andy

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me. I reckon that 114 will be his target to surpass Andy Thomson. That would require 19 to equal and 20 to pass it.
    Try and invest in a calculator Albertz

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Try and invest in a calculator Albertz
    I was including goals scored from the start of this season in my calculations.

I know we don't want to wait that long, but wouldn't it be great if he scored his 100th in the Betfred Cup Final? Especially if it was the first of his hat-trick?

How many times have Lyle scored a hat-trick for Queens as I can think of 2 straight away.

The 2 I can think off are Annan at home in the cup in a 3-0 win (3 Aug 2013) & Cowdenbeath away in a 5-0 win (31 Jan 2015).

Also anyone else think Lyle can beat Bobby Black record of 120 goals to get 2nd place in the all time scorers for Queens.

Anything is possible if he stays beyond this season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)