+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: sky tv

sky tv

my dad has a sky tv/broadband/telephone package. latest bill is around the £95 per month mark..
    broadband usage is not important though he does use it for browsing. (never streams)
    telephone is only used for the line rental with under £5 on additional calls. (£5 is over estimating)
    he has all the sports channels available which is a must. not fussed about movie channels
    problem is he wont go down the online route. IE kodi tv. so anyone any suggestions what package would be better than the sky rip off

If you can get Virgin Media in his area then a telly box, sky sports, BT sports, telephone and broadband can be done for about £65 per month.

Quote Originally Posted by dantpen View Post
    If you can get Virgin Media in his area then a telly box, sky sports, BT sports, telephone and broadband can be done for about £65 per month.
    I'm on Virgin Media. I get super-fast internet speeds, Land line and TV package, the top one but no sky sport or movies.I get BT sport free with this package. It costs £72:48 a month, might get it cheaper as a new customer.

Get him a zgemma box cost me £160 and that gets me everything on the sky channel list including ppv and the ehem naughty channels

If you could get him to go down the kodi road then get a iptv service add on and that gets you 3pm Saturday kickoffs

I'm with Virgin Media.
    Around 6 months ago, my monthly bill for my package was averaging £95 per month,
    I had all the sports channels, broadband and landline. I got to the point where I thought
    that maybe I could get a cheaper provider elsewhere, however, I rang VM to see if they
    could do me a cheaper deal, but I did state to them that I wanted to keep all the channels,
    but at a lower rate.
    I pointed out to VM that I had been with them for 8years, 'how about a loyalty bonus', I asked them!.
    They put me on hold for a couple of minutes while the advisor sought information from a VM manager
    to see what could be done.
    To get to the point, they said I could keep all my existing channels, and as a reward for loyalty, my future
    monthly bills would be £42.00, result!.
    Guys, if your not happy with what your paying, get in touch with your provider and ask for a loyalty reward,
    got my bill halved.
    If you don't ask, you don't get.

I had a similar conversation with sky.
    Asked to cancel sport n movies as the bill was getting silly. They gave me sport n movies half price for six months and told me to ring back when it expires and ask for another discount.