+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this the end?

No knives are out! All we are asking for is the truth and the club to be better at their communication skills that have long been a problem here. Openess and transparency costs nothing! Like what has happened to the biggest shareholder leaving which seemed to be imminent? Why persevere with an under performing manager that not one other football club in the land would have done because its such a closed shop. I have stopped going because the football on offer is dire and yet we have an academy costing over one million pounds a season and still can't beat Cheltenham at home and get thrashed in the process? There are enough questions about this club without this latest debacle and three or four old men clinging to office as though their lives depended on it? Time is well past for a revolution not the usual evolution crap.

Quote Originally Posted by ojprice View Post
    I'd be more than happy to provide my full name to the relevant authorities if Crewe should wish to sue me for libel. In my opinion they would find it difficult to prove that the claims I've made are a) false (Bennell was after all convicted of offences committed at Crewe and there is substantial recent evidence of many people at the club who were aware and did not act) or b) that my intent was to cause reputational damage to the club (I am or have been a longstanding supporter of the club). Rather my statements reflect my revulsion at recent information revealed about the nature of the organisation we have been funding with our hard-earned.
    You said Crewe was full of peados. That includes me. I can provide my birth certificate. Let's call it a pie at the game tomorrow

Sorry I'll rephrase that before I get a burning mob at my door..

You said in a previous post Crewe was full of *****s. That includes me (as in being from there) which is litigious. Rather than a court settlement, you can buy me a pie tomorrow. And that was a joke

Quote Originally Posted by BobScottsFurCoat View Post
    You said Crewe was full of peados. That includes me. I can provide my birth certificate. Let's call it a pie at the game tomorrow
    I said cafc not Crewe. Nothing against anyone on this thread just feel like out of misplaced loyalty some people feel the need to defend what seems on the face of it to be indefensible behaviour on the part of senior leadership at Crewe.

Quote Originally Posted by BobScottsFurCoat View Post
    Sorry I'll rephrase that before I get a burning mob at my door..

You said in a previous post Crewe was full of *****s. That includes me (as in being from there) which is litigious. Rather than a court settlement, you can buy me a pie tomorrow. And that was a joke
    I may be wrong here but you can't sue a town or place only a named individual.

Even then if its the truth its not libel or slanderous afaik....

Well if you change your minds mine's a Chicken Batli. COYR

As I have said earlier, we should wait for the investigation rather than assuming individuals at the club are guilty

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    As I have said earlier, we should wait for the investigation rather than assuming individuals at the club are guilty
    100% Like. Well said Sir

The way this story has come out doesn't feel right to me.
    Accused of rape, sacked by the police and then boom. Celebrity status! I wonder how Mr Woodward's victim feels about that.
    Then suddenly we have a former player who's Dad was involved heavily in the academy say the same. If it was common knowledge at the club then surely Mr Walters was aware.
    Then a former director appears 20 years later, quoted by Mr Woodward as saying is the only trusted person at Crewe Alex. They've not had a chat recently?
    Yeah the club probably have made mistakes in the past over how they dealt with Burnell but I have more respect for Dario Gradi than to find him guilty of any crime unproven.

Quote Originally Posted by alexsi View Post
    The way this story has come out doesn't feel right to me.
    Accused of rape, sacked by the police and then boom. Celebrity status! I wonder how Mr Woodward's victim feels about that.
    Then suddenly we have a former player who's Dad was involved heavily in the academy say the same. If it was common knowledge at the club then surely Mr Walters was aware.
    Then a former director appears 20 years later, quoted by Mr Woodward as saying is the only trusted person at Crewe Alex. They've not had a chat recently?
    Yeah the club probably have made mistakes in the past over how they dealt with Burnell but I have more respect for Dario Gradi than to find him guilty of any crime unproven.
    Well I hope it stays dry for you Alexsi because your capacity for self-deception is going to be tested much further than this over the coming weeks. Chris Walters would have heard rumour and innuendo, all of us did, but obviously not in relation to his own son and he was a popular rather than influential figure at the club. You can question whether what Hamilton Smith is saying is true but he does have documentary evidence that he asked the fa to investigate child ***ual abuse at Crewe. I find him plausible on the basis that Steve Walters (on the basis of his twitter feed) and Andy Woodward do. Whatever misdeeds you allege Woodward has committed, someone who was repeatedly raped at the age of 11 (proven not alleged) deserves enormous sympathy and anyone who's all there would recognise that rather than slander the victim online. I'm with the victims not with Dario gradi on the basis of his past success at something that at the end of the day is a form of casual entertainment.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast