+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T charity scrounging.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    The idea that people who want to support vulnerable children who have fled a warzone do so in order to "add to demand on services" rather than because they are compassionate human beings is cloud cuckoo.

Also, the idea that the NHS and our school systems are failing because of immigration/asylum rather than because they have been neglected by austerity while giving tax cuts to the richest is also cloud cuckoo land.
    What a load of *******s from one of the cuckoo land residents.

As expected though.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    What a load of *******s from one of the cuckoo land residents.

As expected though.
    See, the comeback is often to use an insultiung word, void of substance.

What part do you disagree with, that people who want to support asylum seekers may have thoughts beyond the financial bottom line, or that austeriy also has a negative impact on public services?

Pick which one you like and I'll happily chow down into the numbers and give you the detail.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    The idea that people who want to support vulnerable children who have fled a warzone do so in order to "add to demand on services" rather than because they are compassionate human beings is cloud cuckoo.

Also, the idea that the NHS and our school systems are failing because of immigration/asylum rather than because they have been neglected by austerity while giving tax cuts to the richest is also cloud cuckoo land.
    40 odd football threads. Nothing!

I person mentioned immigrants! Evening John!

Someone is rubbing the genie lamp again!

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post

It's way too easy frogmiller, don't even need to bother putting the maggot on the hook anymore, the fish is throwing itself into the keepnet.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    It's way too easy frogmiller, don't even need to bother putting the maggot on the hook anymore, the fish is throwing itself into the keepnet.
    I thought I might get a comment about fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post

Its funny that Frog because when our football club was days from liquidation and Tony had yet to show his hand, I remember the Trust having an emergency meeting with a couple of lawyers who were telling us how we could start a new club if RUFC were liquidated. I don't remember seeing you at this horrific evening but I do remember John being there and attending a number of follow up meetings. I also remember John contacting the Football league and Shaun Barker avoiding a suspension because of something John has discovered that the club didn't notice.
    Personally I couldn't care less whether you agree with his politics (although the fact that you are an immigrant isn't lost on me) but please don't knock John's football credentials just to make a point because he has contributed more to the club than most who post on here.

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    Its funny that Frog because when our football club was days from liquidation and Tony had yet to show his hand, I remember the Trust having an emergency meeting with a couple of lawyers who were telling us how we could start a new club if RUFC were liquidated. I don't remember seeing you at this horrific evening but I do remember John being there and attending a number of follow up meetings. I also remember John contacting the Football league and Shaun Barker avoiding a suspension because of something John has discovered that the club didn't notice.
    Personally I couldn't care less whether you agree with his politics (although the fact that you are an immigrant isn't lost on me) but please don't knock John's football credentials just to make a point because he has contributed more to the club than most who post on here.
    Fair comment.

I don't know John2 though I think I did meet him once in the DVS days. I've always found him to be a great fan of the club with a strong moral compass whilst reading these boards. I generally find those that try to vilify him to be either wind-up merchants, idiots, or selfish cretins. Make of that what you will but I do wish people would stop having a go at him. It's entirely unjustified.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    Fair comment.

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    You're right Tony I wasn't there . Obviously I am not aware of his football credentials as I don't often see him writing about it although I'm happy to be educated. I would like to know more of the Shaun Barker incident. Could you or John give us details?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast