+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday Gerry

Happy Birthday Gerry

Was looking at something the other day and noticed it was Gerry Forrest's birthday today.
    One of my all-time favourite Rotherham players.
    He's 60 today, also noticed according to Gerry Somerton's book it's 40 years ago next month that he signed for us.
    Really makes me feel old.
    Seems appropriate being up here in Newcastle seeing as he's a North East lad,
    I'll be wearing my toffs shirt from the '76 with No2 on the back in his honour.
    I know technically the bukta one was just before he signed but it's close enough

I once had to interview Gerry for a job. It was quite a few years ago. It was only just above minimum wage the Salary and to be honest it was a sad experience for me. Footballers today don't know they're born.

If he'd been born 20 years later he'd have been set for life.

I often chat to quite a few ex players, they are all still working, some bloody hard.

Agree about Gerry, one of the best players to pull on a Millers shirt, that's for sure!

Joyeux Anniversaire to Gerry. That's how he played with joy, was a joy to watch him. Hope he's got over his health scare.

Didn't know about that gwru.

I'll second that, so do I

Reunion they had before Xmas for the the old 3rd Division Champions early 80's Towner was there. Gerry didn't attend he had a reported heart attach. Hope it wasn't a serious one & Gerry is back on the mend.

What a player he was.
    Could do with a few like him today.

I hope his health is better and he is doing well.

Did you give him the job Riley?

Legend simple as that

My sentiments also to every thing said,we could not afford a player of gerrys class anymore.

Gerry turned the job down and got an ECommerce job with Guitarman selling strings on EBAY.

I hope that his heart is now detached and he is doing well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast