+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nouha Dicko

Nouha Dicko

Well it seems Dicko as ran out of starting game chances of getting the ball in the net.
    I'm sure I am not on my own to say I really feel for the man. Being out so long esp. with the expectation must be so hard for a striker psychologically. It seems to me he has been trying to hard when he gets a chance and blasting the ball over the bar or wide. Also shooting instead of passing as he wants that 1st goal so much.
    10 out of 10 for his work rate, pulling defenders all over the place to create room for others to finish.
    He has more competition too with our new striker Weimann coming into the squad.
    I really hope Nouha gets his goal soon and if a home goal the roof will lift of Molineux and all the fans listening around the world will be off their feet.
    It would be terrible for him just to drift away off the scene but I still think from the heart he is too good for that.

Nice post, KLF, your sentiments regarding Nouha are, I'm sure, shared by most of us. Not for the first time we see a young footballer with great potential who has had his career blighted by injury. In Nouha's case, 18 months away from competitive football took away his edge and, seemingly, his self-confidence. For all concerned, I hope Wolves persevere with their support for this young man...I think he's worth it.

Lets hope the faith Wolves have in Nouha Dicko helps kick start the striker's Wolves career, blighted by injury, but now he has signed a new three-and-a-half year contract.

New Deal For Dicko

As I said on another post recently, partnerships are so important in football and Dicko performed at his peak alongside Afobe and in particular Sako- the two were almost like brothers and had that telepathic thing going where they played off each other. Without those two he almost seems lost sometimes and others haven't got the same understanding f what he's trying to do.

The other thing that's massive with strikers is confidence and right now he hasn't got much. Sometimes it's finding that one goal to kick start it and one that deflects in off his backside would be just as important as a 20-yard screamer.

Will we ever see the same guy again, who knows. I don't think we will but would love to be proved wrong.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)