+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 106 of 560 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    That would be sensible.

Groningen's stadium at that site and we would be a force to be reckoned with.

A stadium 'inspired by Ashton Gate' in Westhill really would turn us into nobodies.
    I'd imagine the architects have designed a stadium that is most likely to get the thumbs up from the cooncil ie not high and as low a visual impact as possible

When I was in Switzerland I made jokes that our new ground should be based on the W@nkdorf and St Jakob Park, but seriously speaking, Luzerns Swissporarena was ace. Its exactly the kind of ground we need. its only 16800 capacity but its smart as f@ck and holds the atmosphere really well. I can still hear the Grasshopper fans now. It also has safe standing behind the goal for the Luzern boys to bounce about in.60m Euros it cost (Approx 52m quid) but that includes the buildings around it too(2 high rise buildings which I don't know what they are and another lower building, again, f@ck knows)It was built on the location of their old ground. There is another full size pitch next to it and training facilities there too. Nae over the top facilities that Milne wants but enough for a professional fitba team to benefit from. Better than Balgownie,the barracks and Albyn anyway.

Its an out the city centre ground and even though the quiney at my hotel said I had to bus it, I managed to walk it in 15 mins. Granted I'm 6'3 and have a big step but it wasn't far. After the game there was a line of free buses to take you back into town.

But I tell you one thing, the whole thing would fit in the AECC site. Ive always championed that site for our new ground

But no, a mock Ashton Gate that is unwalkable is what Milne wants. I'm not against a stadium at Kingsford, but I'm against it being a sh@te stadium which I have a feeling it will be
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 17-03-2017 at 08:59 PM.

I just can't see it being anything other than a slightly bigger St.Mirren Park

If no stadium allowed at Westhill - create a training centre there and build the new stadium at the AECC when it becomes vacant .

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

When I was in Switzerland I made jokes that our new ground should be based on the W@nkdorf and St Jakob Park, but seriously speaking, Luzerns Swissporarena was ace. Its exactly the kind of ground we need. its only 16800 capacity but its smart as f@ck and holds the atmosphere really well. I can still hear the Grasshopper fans now. It also has safe standing behind the goal for the Luzern boys to bounce about in.60m Euros it cost (Approx 52m quid) but that includes the buildings around it too(2 high rise buildings which I don't know what they are and another lower building, again, f@ck knows)It was built on the location of their old ground. There is another full size pitch next to it and training facilities there too. Nae over the top facilities that Milne wants but enough for a professional fitba team to benefit from. Better than Balgownie,the barracks and Albyn anyway.

Its an out the city centre ground and even though the quiney at my hotel said I had to bus it, I managed to walk it in 15 mins. Granted I'm 6'3 and have a big step but it wasn't far. After the game there was a line of free buses to take you back into town.

But I tell you one thing, the whole thing would fit in the AECC site. Ive always championed that site for our new ground

But no, a mock Ashton Gate that is unwalkable is what Milne wants. I'm not against a stadium at Kingsford, but I'm against it being a sh@te stadium which I have a feeling it will be
    Halliday Fraser Munro don't have the ability or experience to create something like that. Which is why they were selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    It depends on each individual. I personally think the new stadium is essential and needs to be built in the next 5 years. Pittodrie is a soulless **** hole and it cant be redeveloped due to space and cost. It also cant be built centrally due to planning restraints and cost of land. I would personally travel to the new stadium no matter where it was built and for the folk who cant be assed jumping on a bus or taking a little extra get there then i feel there would be nothing to suit your needs. Some folk arent happy unless its on there own doorstep.

As for how the stadium looks, artist impressions are nothing to go on. Some of us are already saying its **** without a single brink being laid and its sad to see so many negative supporters. We should be thankful that we are building a new stadium and lets face it, its never going please everyone. The club has a budget and this is what that budget gives. Give me top training facilities for payers over a fancy stadium every day of the week. Development of players is the future, not whether the stadium suits each individuals needs.
    I'm in total agreement here. We desperately need a new stadium. Its clear many people want to stay at Pittodrie, but it is never going to happen there. It's dead. And it amazes me that I still see people questioning why Pittodrie cannot be renovated. Its been documented so many time why it cannot be done. I agree that we had the chance years ago, but no point in dwelling what could have been.
    No matter where we put the stadium, there will always be our fickle fans complaining. Unfortunately we are limited to the locations and if its Westhill, so be it. It actually might surprise people how good it will look. The training facilities will be the best in Scotland, which can only benefit all.
    Some of the fans excuses on here are pathetic to say the least, but each to their own. I for one am 100% behind the new venture and cannot wait.
    God know what future AFC will have if its refused.

The training facilities will be the best in Scotland? Better than Lennoxtown or Murray Park? That's great news. Both cost a fortune to run & have produced virtually zero in the way of talent

Quote Originally Posted by the new coach View Post
    If no stadium allowed at Westhill - create a training centre there and build the new stadium at the AECC when it becomes vacant .
    You ken fit, That is probably the most sensible thing i have heard on the whole topic.

Quote Originally Posted by BorneoRed View Post
    I'm in total agreement here. We desperately need a new stadium. Its clear many people want to stay at Pittodrie, but it is never going to happen there. It's dead. And it amazes me that I still see people questioning why Pittodrie cannot be renovated. Its been documented so many time why it cannot be done. I agree that we had the chance years ago, but no point in dwelling what could have been.
    No matter where we put the stadium, there will always be our fickle fans complaining. Unfortunately we are limited to the locations and if its Westhill, so be it. It actually might surprise people how good it will look. The training facilities will be the best in Scotland, which can only benefit all.
    Some of the fans excuses on here are pathetic to say the least, but each to their own. I for one am 100% behind the new venture and cannot wait.
    God know what future AFC will have if its refused.

We're not planning on increasing attendances, hospitality or seats.

Totally inadequate transport network to that location and parking and barely any of our fans live there.

All the supporters bar, fanzone and standing stuff could be done at Pittodrie but they don't.

£40 million for what? What future are you seeing worse than a stadium with no identity in Westhill?

The AECC would be a better site for the new stadium. Does anybody know what's going to be built there after it is knocked down?

Page 106 of 560 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast