+ Visit Scotland Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin McGuinness...

McGuinness is a very interesting subject.

Only someone like him, who had been in his position and done the things that he did, would have been capable of taking the majority of Sinn Fein/IRA with him into the peace process.

The families that have lost loved ones in any terrorist activities he was involved in must have found it very hard to see him in a position of power within British politics, but if the British government had refused to deal with him, there would almost certainly have been more innocent people killed.

Quote Originally Posted by spikeontheright View Post
    McGuinness is a very interesting subject.

Only someone like him, who had been in his position and done the things that he did, would have been capable of taking the majority of Sinn Fein/IRA with him into the peace process.

The families that have lost loved ones in any terrorist activities he was involved in must have found it very hard to see him in a position of power within British politics, but if the British government had refused to deal with him, there would almost certainly have been more innocent people killed.
    Nigel Havers was on R4 yesterday almost in tears because someone had compared McGuinness to Nelson Mandela... I'm not sure if Mr Havering is, or was, aware of the history of NM, but the backgrounds are very similar apart from the fact that Mandela was a posh boy whereas McGuiness was an erse-oot-yer-troosers croppie. Both involved in terrorist acts, both heads of parts of organisations that murdered civilians and bombed property with the intention of causing death or injury.
    It would seem that one man's terrorist truly is another man's freedom fighter...

Difference is, Mandela was stuck in the South African apartheid era, McGonner was bombing people in a Britain where he had a vote, a passport, freedom of movement, could worship in his own church of choice and so on, basically McGonner had the same rights as you and I, his issue was that he did not like the fact the the British Army were patrolling British streets, at the request of the catholic community. Trying to compare apartheid South Africa to the UK is a very weak attempt at trying justify McGonners actions, the actions of a murdering scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by England_First View Post
    Difference is, Mandela was stuck in the South African apartheid era, McGonner was bombing people in a Britain where he had a vote, a passport, freedom of movement, could worship in his own church of choice and so on, basically McGonner had the same rights as you and I, his issue was that he did not like the fact the the British Army were patrolling British streets, at the request of the catholic community. Trying to compare apartheid South Africa to the UK is a very weak attempt at trying justify McGonners actions, the actions of a murdering scumbag.

he might have had a vote..but the unionists made sure it counted for sweet f,,k all......they gerrymandered the constituancies in Derry to gaurantee that a unionist majority was always returned even tho that area was 3-1 in a nationalist majority,,same rights ?..when u went for a job and were asked what school you went to " Saint"..........NEXT, all major industries, the shipyard,shorts ,mackies, sorrocco works were situated in loyalist areas and jobs reserved for the local loyalist population,,housing was allocated on religion not social need. Thank you very much for "allowing " catholics to worship in the church,, very fuvvvking big of you master race ( but check out the penal laws in see if that was always the case in Irish history ) !! like myself Martin Mac was born into an era of " A protestant government for a protestant people " (james craig former Nothern Ireland fuvvking prime minister ) he felt first hand where the government mantra was croppies lie down,,they backed this up with the loyalist militias of the hated B specials and R.U.C. ( the military wings of the Ulster Unionist party ) who never had any problem whatsoever using their might on the catholic population when ordered to do so ( check out the burntollet civil rights march if you dont believe me ) This all on the back of democratic election when the nation of ireland as a whole voted by 3-1 majority in favour of an independent , one nation Ireland, seems majority will only applied when it suits !!

In conclusion, it was not martin Mc that brought the gun into Northern Irish politics but rather the real terrorist Edward Carson , who formed the paramilitary UVF,, shipped illegal guns into larne ( bought might i add from the German kaiser who Britain was about to go to war with ) and threatened to use those weapon on British soldiers long before the IRA was formed.Every killing every bomb every bullet fired since stems from Carsons successful use and threat of violence to usurp the democratic will of the Irish people.

Martin McGuinness, whatever you think of him was as much a victim as anyone else,,he took his side, did his best in war and peace and I salute him for it !!

R.I.P. Statesman. Politician. Soldier

Abair ach beagan agus abair gu math e.
    Last edited by boowho; 22-03-2017 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boowho View Post
    he might have had a vote..but the unionists made sure it counted for sweet f,,k all......they gerrymandered the constituancies in Derry to gaurantee that a unionist majority was always returned even tho that area was 3-1 in a nationalist majority,,same rights ?..when u went for a job and were asked what school you went to " Saint"..........NEXT, all major industries, the shipyard,shorts ,mackies, sorrocco works were situated in loyalist areas and jobs reserved for the local loyalist population,,housing was allocated on religion not social need. Thank you very much for "allowing " catholics to worship in the church,, very fuvvvking big of you master race ( but check out the penal laws in see if that was always the case in Irish history ) !! like myself Martin Mac was born into an era of " A protestant government for a protestant people " (james craig former Nothern Ireland fuvvking prime minister ) he felt first hand where the government mantra was croppies lie down,,they backed this up with the loyalist militias of the hated B specials and R.U.C. ( the military wings of the Ulster Unionist party ) who never had any problem whatsoever using their might on the catholic population when ordered to do so ( check out the burntollet civil rights march if you dont believe me ) This all on the back of democratic election when the nation of ireland as a whole voted by 3-1 majority in favour of an independent , one nation Ireland, seems majority will only applied when it suits !!

In conclusion, it was not martin Mc that brought the gun into Northern Irish politics but rather the real terrorist Edward Carson , who formed the paramilitary UVF,, shipped illegal guns into larne ( bought might i add from the German kaiser who Britain was about to go to war with ) and threatened to use those weapon on British soldiers long before the IRA was formed.Every killing every bomb every bullet fired since stems from Carsons successful use and threat of violence to usurp the democratic will of the Irish people.

Martin McGuinness, whatever you think of him was as much a victim as anyone else,,he took his side, did his best in war and peace and I salute him for it !!

R.I.P. Statesman. Politician. Soldier

Abair ach beagan agus abair gu math e.
    Without getting into the political stuff, your comment about him being "as much a victim as anyone else" doesn't ring quite true to me when there were innocent children being blown up & never having the chance to see out their natural life as he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Mook1 View Post
    Without getting into the political stuff, your comment about him being "as much a victim as anyone else" doesn't ring quite true to me when there were innocent children being blown up & never having the chance to see out their natural life as he did.
    come on to ***

Bomber Harris incinerated 150 thousand civilians in Dresden and got a statue erected to his memory

sh..it happensi in war, and believe me it was a war, please dont cherrypick your casualties and victims !!

come on to ***

Bomber Harris incinerated 150 thousand civilians in Dresden and got a statue erected to his memory

sh..it happensi in war, and believe me it was a war, please dont cherrypick your casualties and victims !!
    Well he was clearly a victim of the set up in Northern Ireland but he wasn't blown up when he was 3, I think it's reasonable to say he wasn't as much of a victim as someone who was brutally murdered before they reached the age of 4.

I'm not particularly a fan of anything that happens in war (especially some of the atrocities committed in the name of Britain) but I thought your choice of wording was a little odd, that's all.

come on to ***

Bomber Harris was trying to crush a fascist regime who were intent on mass genocide and enslaving countless of once free nations, his bombing raids were brutal but done to end n@zi Germany's oppression as quickly as possible to save even more lives in the long run. By the way, didn't the ira support said fascist regime?

Quote Originally Posted by Mook1 View Post
    Well he was clearly a victim of the set up in Northern Ireland but he wasn't blown up when he was 3, I think it's reasonable to say he wasn't as much of a victim as someone who was brutally murdered before they reached the age of 4.

I'm not particularly a fan of anything that happens in war (especially some of the atrocities committed in the name of Britain) but I thought your choice of wording was a little odd, that's all.
    every single person In N.Ireland is a victim of history

Civilians , combatants, republican/loyalist/ and britsh army

maybe I didnt choose my words correctly, he was ,like us all, a victim of history

he might not have been killed like so many others (from all sides) but he put his life on the line for what he belived, just as Loyalists and army personel did.

sumtimes i cnat believe the naivity of some people on here, No one, repeat , No one, wakes up and thinks " today I am going to become a freedom fighter/terrorist" ( which ever yu prefer ) there is always a story behind it...why/what/who/where ?? !!

when martin mc committed to war, he committed fully ( is their any other way ?) like wise when he committed to peace he took the risks and went all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by England_First View Post
    Bomber Harris was trying to crush a fascist regime who were intent on mass genocide and enslaving countless of once free nations, his bombing raids were brutal but done to end n@zi Germany's oppression as quickly as possible to save even more lives in the long run. By the way, didn't the ira support said fascist regime?
    and how many nations on this earth did Britain enslave in its history ???

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)