+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Manager announcement

Cant see the fat (slim) controller coming back any time soon.

Radio Sheffield Warne campaign back in full swing tonight. Must be great to interview !!

Not another election please.

Quote Originally Posted by gorky View Post
    If he's at another club and has applied, we have two weeks now to get permission to speak to him? Surely it doesn't take that long. We may already have permission. Pretty sure nothing got leaked about Evans when he signed so clubs do keep it under wraps.
    The strangest thing happened during the run up to the game against Crawley. Steve Evans was very complimentory towards Rotherham United during a period when he was playing mind games with every other club and their manager. His interviews during the run up to the match were sickening to be honest. I expected him to be his usual shyty self and bad mouth everything to do with the club but he was just sickeningly nice.

Don't forget also that RUFC84 took time out to tap him up after the game which no doubt helped.

To be honest and not that I know any different but I wouldn't bet on Rotherham United using the face of Paul Warne as manager whilst having a very experienced number 2

Please no Frog.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    The strangest thing happened during the run up to the game against Crawley. Steve Evans was very complimentory towards Rotherham United during a period when he was playing mind games with every other club and their manager. His interviews during the run up to the match were sickening to be honest. I expected him to be his usual shyty self and bad mouth everything to do with the club but he was just sickeningly nice.

Don't forget also that RUFC84 took time out to tap him up after the game which no doubt helped.
    The role that rufc1984 played in Evans' recruitment must never be underestimated.

It's hard to think of anyone being complimentary towards us this season though. Benitez?

Send Michael to chat up Gareth Ainsworth !

Whoever it is and whenever it is announced I'm betting that it will be the cheapest available option.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Whoever we get I hope TS does some proper due diligence before making an appointment. We can't afford any more catastrophes.
    I also hope any prospective manager does some homework himself before accepting the job, then he shouldn't get any nasty surprises.
    Conversations with Neil Redfearn, Alan Stubbs and Kenny Jackett should give him a fair spectrum of views about the inner workings of the club and what he can expect from the chairman and his Technical Committee.
    It's important that all parties pull together this time to avoid another managerial casualty after just a few short weeks in charge.
    We can only live in hope.
    You're really hung up on 'due diligence' aren't you?

Have you ever interviewed someone for a job? You read their CV, you ask them questions in interview, you may consider a reference or too and then you take a punt. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. If that were not the case there wouldn’t be so many managerial sackings at every level of the game and during every season.

The board at Manchester United probably know a bit about football, but still appointed David Moyes (apparently on the recommendation of Alex Ferguson, who also knows a bit about football). That didn’t turn out too well. Do you think they should have done more due diligence?

You didn't mention Warnock in your list of mangers that any prospective candidate should speak to. He's always been very complimentary about the way the club is run.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast