+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So how do we keep us interested?

So how do we keep us interested?

For many, the appointment of Warney was underwhelming, unfortunately, i have not seen an improvement in these 20 odd games, I have not seen us going for it like Keegan's Newcastle as Warney said we would, rather I have seen this '2 banks of 4' result in us simply inviting ANY team to dominate both possession and two thirds of the field. Players are not fitter, stronger or competitive than they were last season. We have no style and no tactics other than containment and hope for the best. Even sides who are as poor as us on the day eg Fulham last week can still find a way to get the one goal that means another loss. Warney has already admitted that the squad is mentally weak and yet most of them will be here next season. We might have a few players who will be decent in League 1, so does that mean that we won't be challenging for promotion as we'll need a lot better than that.
    Having said that, how are they going to attract people back? Is it time for us to do a Bradford City type scheme to say slash season ticket prices, as away support next season wont be a quarter of this season's

Well said. See my comments on the Pringle thread.

Decent post that red and green..surprised me as you normally write pretty tame stuff.

Hope you keep this up.

Hopefully a few half decent signings following a thorough cull of the players that were poor enough to be relegated will help.

If both of these actions are not satisfactory - then we'll struggle to attract people back!