+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Birmingham City Post Match Thoughts

Birmingham City Post Match Thoughts

What's the point? It's the thing we just got. The losing streak is over. We are on a one match unbeaten run.

Post your joy on here. As Tesco said, Good Friday just got better.

Crap first half from both teams....

Excellent goal for them then we woke up and by the team's actions so did the crowd....

Enjoyed the lift from the crowd...singing/urging the team on as we attacked and attacked.....fantastic goal from Ward and if Yates had shown a little more composure and looked up and drew the keeper out and slid the ball to Vaulkes it was game over....

Funnily enough I enjoyed this one .....

Watched a different game from Brin, well in parts. Solid in the first half, didn't create anything but didn't give anything away for a change.

Second half well on top. Poor goal from them as the ref gave them three free kicks in 5 minutes and I reckon even my gran might have managed to find the right range with that sort of help. Typical that we went behind to some dodgy decision.

Their fans were booing them just before that, we looked like a real threat and to be fair, should have had a couple of goals by then.

However, i expected us to fold then and lose by a couple but we stood up and deserved to be back in it. Good goal and really, the only mystery was how Yates didn't just side foot it into the goal. If he had, there could have been a riot.

Enjoyed the "One Gary Rowett" chant though. Smallwood did well as did Taylor. Thought Vaulks played superb as well.

Made the best chances, we should have won this, but that's the story of the season isn't it, and once again, a terrible referee, you know they're rubbish when the players are getting very frustrated with them, over and above the norm of asking questions.

To be honest we wernt too bad there, soem decent stuff in patches, and i think these players by and large really do care.

Well done millers. I am very happy toneet would have been even more happy if Yates hadnt missed that sitter. Best players were Ajayi, Smallwood, Vaulks. Goalie. Could this be a turning point at last. Good goal by Ward. Interesting he is scoring again. Wonder if he is trying ti flog himself again.

UTM

First half was played out like a pre-season friendly.
    In the second half, we should have beaten the Brummes - worst B'ham City team that I've ever seen, and I've been watching the Millers play them since the 1960s. Smallwood giving away all those free kicks on the edge of the penalty area, knowing that the ref was whistle-happy too, was bound to lead to us conceding a goal eventually. (No football sense) . MOM for me was Ajayi. O'Donnell was a big improvement on Price in goal. Ward, Fisher, Morris, Adeyemi and Newell all looked about only 50% match fit, so you can tell how poor B'ham were from that. Good chance that the Bluenoses will be relegated? (they were worse than Wigan)
    Last edited by mikemiller; 14-04-2017 at 05:39 PM.

It's a shame we didn't win, but it's nice to say that I enjoyed the game.

Ajayi is starting to win me over i must admit i didn't rate him at all for the first couple of matches i thought he looked too clumsy and out of his depth but he looks alot more composured now and his pace and strength is a huge asset to have.

Just typical of Richard Wood to put in a steady performance before making an error for the goal, no need to have his foot that high im sure he could have gone in with the head. The main reason why he can't be here next season, too slow and makes too many errors.

Disappointed in young Jerry i thought he would have kicked on a bit by now since his first appearance but he hasn't seem to improved all that much and the lack of goals is concerning. We should have scored at the end if Jerry had more composure instead of just lashing at it, he had 2 options if he controlled the ball to square or simple finish, if he wants to stake a claim in the first team he needs to take those opportunties im afraid.

O'Donnell 5
    Fisher 3
    Ajayi 9
    Wood 7
    Mattock 7
    Taylor 6
    Smallwood 8
    Vaulks 6
    Newell 5
    Ward 7
    Morris 7

Adeyemi 6
    Yates 5
    JCH 5

Best chant - "you're going down with the Millers"

Birmingham worst team I've seen all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss View Post
    It's a shame we didn't win, but it's nice to say that I enjoyed the game.
    and that is what it is all about let's hope next season is more enjoyable than this one

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast