+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New ideas for the game?

Another new rule i'd like to see is only the captain being able to discuss issues with the referee.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    Well, that would make sandwell a certainty for the drop.
    I think knowing them, they would still stay up by the skin of their gums.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    Another new rule i'd like to see is only the captain being able to discuss issues with the referee.
    Like in rugby? It seems to work.

The fact that we feel the need to make such drastic changes to the game after nearly 150 years tells me there is something seriously wrong.
    Let's be honest, football is one of the simpler sports in theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcy Wolf View Post
    Like in rugby? It seems to work.

The fact that we feel the need to make such drastic changes to the game after nearly 150 years tells me there is something seriously wrong.
    Let's be honest, football is one of the simpler sports in theory.
    There's too much at stake nowadays, the media, cameras at all games and pundits discussing every detail. Changes that need bringing in need to improve the game and be about allowing the game to flow. Players need to start respecting the officials.

We are roughly the same age. Remember the likes of Clive Thomas? Referees didn't suffer the fools of today's game and he was a great example.
    Maybe they should be 'miked' like in rugby. People say this might subject the young ones to swearing but I think different, the modern day footballer is obsessed with his media profile-he wants to be idolised. It would be bad publicity to be seen and known as a foul mouthed thug.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)