+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 LastLast

Thread: O/T Tommy Robinson Speaks About Manchester Terror Attack

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Just to add, in case anyone thinks I am some kind of atheist fascist, I am still saying that religious people of whatever description have a right to follow their religions if they like just as I have a right not to follow a religion.
    I would agree with that. But only when people use their religion for good. If following any religion makes them a nicer person, a more caring person, a more forgiving person, then great. If the person uses their religion to do bad things, that's when we have a problem.

Yep, true enough.

I have just watched the interview, and it's typical Piers Morgan. Shouting over his guests, loving the sound of his voice way too much, poor Susanna trying to get a word in and him speaking over her.

The ONLY thing that I have ever seen Tommy say that was out of order (and I have seen hundreds of his videos) was surprise, surprise, the only video they showed of him. In it, he seems to blame all Muslims for 7/7, and that's wrong. See - like I always say, I am fair, I don't lie, Tommy was out of order and wrong to say that.

But he has already apologised for that several times and said he was wrong. In all other instances he makes the distinction between Muslims and Muslim extremists. I think anyone should be allowed one mistake. It's not like there aren't any politicians who haven't made mistakes is it? Or Piers Morgan inciting hate against British soldiers by spreading lies in his newspaper.

Piers Morgan works for the Daily Fail - and they were the FIRST ones to point to the fact that Finsbury park mosque had a long history of radicalising people, but Piers didn't want to talk about that. I wonder why. He's alright slandering Tommy, but he keeps his mouth shut when it comes to the hand that feeds him, complete hypocrite with no morals.

He knows nothing about the life of Muhammad, as became clear in the interview, and he refuses to accept that the verses in the Qur'an are the very thing that inspires the Islamic terrorists in the first place. And this is why the problem won't go away, until idiots like Piers Morgan accept that when there are verses in the Qur'an calling for Muslims to kill non-Muslims, and then when some Muslims become radicalised and kill people, and say they did it because it is Allah's instructions, and it is their Holy Jihad, people accept it for what it is.

THEN, and only THEN can we stop the far right from brainwashing people to hate all Muslims, and make sure there are no more attacks like the other night. We NEED the moderate Muslims, and the moderate non-Muslims to all accept that it IS verses in the Qur'an that led to the extremists committing terror attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellis_D View Post
    I have just watched the interview, and it's typical Piers Morgan. Shouting over his guests, loving the sound of his voice way too much, poor Susanna trying to get a word in and him speaking over her.

The ONLY thing that I have ever seen Tommy say that was out of order (and I have seen hundreds of his videos) was surprise, surprise, the only video they showed of him. In it, he seems to blame all Muslims for 7/7, and that's wrong. See - like I always say, I am fair, I don't lie, Tommy was out of order and wrong to say that.

But he has already apologised for that several times and said he was wrong. In all other instances he makes the distinction between Muslims and Muslim extremists. I think anyone should be allowed one mistake. It's not like there aren't any politicians who haven't made mistakes is it? Or Piers Morgan inciting hate against British soldiers by spreading lies in his newspaper.

Piers Morgan works for the Daily Fail - and they were the FIRST ones to point to the fact that Finsbury park mosque had a long history of radicalising people, but Piers didn't want to talk about that. I wonder why. He's alright slandering Tommy, but he keeps his mouth shut when it comes to the hand that feeds him, complete hypocrite with no morals.

He knows nothing about the life of Muhammad, as became clear in the interview, and he refuses to accept that the verses in the Qur'an are the very thing that inspires the Islamic terrorists in the first place. And this is why the problem won't go away, until idiots like Piers Morgan accept that when there are verses in the Qur'an calling for Muslims to kill non-Muslims, and then when some Muslims become radicalised and kill people, and say they did it because it is Allah's instructions, and it is their Holy Jihad, people accept it for what it is.

THEN, and only THEN can we stop the far right from brainwashing people to hate all Muslims, and make sure there are no more attacks like the other night. We NEED the moderate Muslims, and the moderate non-Muslims to all accept that it IS verses in the Qur'an that led to the extremists committing terror attacks.
    Now we're getting to the nub of things, Piers Morgan is a muppet who likes to bully folk, so is your Tommy, two peas in a pod, Morgan writes for the daily fail doesn't edit it so has no control on that side, i'm with you though, the rag should be consigned to the bin, and he's is indeed the worst kind of bloke, a hypocritical no mark.

Let's get things straight, i know of no one who doesn't want an end to Islamic extremism, whether they be left/right/centre, fact, the differences are how you go about stopping it. What you are not realising is that Tommy is part of the problem, alongside many other right wing nut jobs, they're actually feeding the extremism. I totally understand the anger, the frustration, the absolute willingness to get something done about it, but demonising a whole religion is not the way, can not ever be so. Listen, i'm what you'd call left wing i guess, and i'm supposed to be a wishy washy tree hugger, in the eyes of the nutjobs like Tommy, but i'd willingly pull the trigger on jihadists, but you just cannot, in a civilised society, do that, can you?
    The only answer is inclusion and education, for ALL our people, you, me, christian.muslim, athiest etc etc, we have a chance to create a country that takes away the hatred that these folk obviously have, don't get me wrong, extremism means exactly that, there will always be folk that take religious teachings to the Nth degree, and we should do everything we can to rout them, you've said yoursef, some muslims become radicalised, like some christians do, like some hindu's do, like some sikh's do....we can sort this, we just need to be strong, and stop thinking that constatly demonising a whole community will actually help anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Now we're getting to the nub of things, Piers Morgan is a muppet who likes to bully folk, so is your Tommy, two peas in a pod, Morgan writes for the daily fail doesn't edit it so has no control on that side, i'm with you though, the rag should be consigned to the bin, and he's is indeed the worst kind of bloke, a hypocritical no mark.

Let's get things straight, i know of no one who doesn't want an end to Islamic extremism, whether they be left/right/centre, fact, the differences are how you go about stopping it. What you are not realising is that Tommy is part of the problem, alongside many other right wing nut jobs, they're actually feeding the extremism. I totally understand the anger, the frustration, the absolute willingness to get something done about it, but demonising a whole religion is not the way, can not ever be so. Listen, i'm what you'd call left wing i guess, and i'm supposed to be a wishy washy tree hugger, in the eyes of the nutjobs like Tommy, but i'd willingly pull the trigger on jihadists, but you just cannot, in a civilised society, do that, can you?
    The only answer is inclusion and education, for ALL our people, you, me, christian.muslim, athiest etc etc, we have a chance to create a country that takes away the hatred that these folk obviously have, don't get me wrong, extremism means exactly that, there will always be folk that take religious teachings to the Nth degree, and we should do everything we can to rout them, you've said yoursef, some muslims become radicalised, like some christians do, like some hindu's do, like some sikh's do....we can sort this, we just need to be strong, and stop thinking that constatly demonising a whole community will actually help anyone.
    Do you know, millmoor, I almost agree with you 100%. About Piers Morgan, I agree that all sane, rational, peaceful people of any political persuasion, race or religion want an end to Islamic extremism - and we can add far right extremism to that aswell.

I agree that I would like to to just shoot or hang the extremists, but in the civilised society we live in, you can't do it.

And I agree more than anything about education and inclusion being the best way to sort this mess out. Although that is long term, we need to do something short term to limit the terrorism.

The only thing I disagree on (other than Tommy being just like Morgan, but that's your opinion so I won't argue it), is the demonising of a whole community. I don't think that is happening. Yes, you get your racist idiots who just don't like brown people, you get your bigots who just want to attack Muslims. But they are few and far between. Although I accept there IS more of a.... What's the correct word? Dislike, mistrust, of Muslims, an anger towards them. But that is because of the actions of their fellow Muslims. The far right would not be able to have so many people concerned about the Muslim community were it not for things like terrorism and grooming gangs.

But that doesn't mean the whole community is being demonised by the majority of the population. Because I believe most of us realise it's not all Muslims. I must again repeat, though, that the lies told in the media, by politicians and by moderate Muslims that the extremists are NOT REAL Muslims does not help at all, it makes the situation far worse.

On a separate note, I saw a video earlier of the terrorist being held down by some Muslims. Those Muslims should undoubtedly be commended. Some other Muslims were kicking him and trying to hit him., and three or four were stopping them, whilst also pinning him down for the police to sort out.

That is, of course, the correct action to take if we believe in law and order. Those Muslims clearly abide by our laws, and I love them for that.

Because they have just witnessed their friends and maybe even family members being run over by a nutjob terrorist. It takes a lot of restraint to not want to kick the bloke's head off his shoulders for that. I would have wanted to had I been there. Some of the men there did. But the ones holding him down and ensuring he wasn't attacked saved his life, and also saved their friends from jail because some would have wanted to beat him to death, and I can't blame them to be honest.

The thing is as well, you don't win a debate by suppressing someone else from speaking. You don't win a debate by shouting louder than the other person. Piers Morgan seriously needs to learn this as this is always his interview and debating technique.

When you are debating, you want to get the other person(s) to understand your point and maybe even come to agree with you. And you want to get people who witness the debate live, and those who may see a recording of it to agree with your points.

You can't get this by stopping the other person from speaking and by shouting loudest. Piers Morgan just comes across as a big mouth know-fack-all.

IF Tommy Robinson is so obviously wrong in his views, it should be very easy to destroy him in a debate. Listen to all his points then counter them and smash him to pieces. But Morgan can't do that because he doesn't know how to debate. And not only that, he is worried that a lot of what Robinson is trying to say will prove to be true. That is EXACTLY why he refused to listen to anything from the Qur'an. And it's why so many people shout others down whenever they want to discuss the Qur'an. It's time people began to face uncomfortable truths. The teachings in the religion of Islam are the basis for the terror attacks.

Let's face that truth, learn from it and use it to prevent more.

Piers Morgan says what he thinks and isn't afraid about upsetting those that disagree with him. I have a lot of time for him, especially after his stance against gun laws in the US, where he's essentially become a marked man. He doesn't need the money. I applaud his courage for fighting for what he believes in and for not rolling over on his back and taking it. We need more like him.

When someone just talks or shouts over someone it doesn't make for good debate. It just says I'll drown you out without giving you the chance to be listened to. That is how I'll win the argument. Infact, if you listen to peoples opinion, point of view and you ask questions about what they're saying then you can so easily make yourself heard. That what makes you good at your job.

If you listen to politicians who just repeat the same thing over and over again without answering a question then that raises concerns. What are they hiding?

Let us not drown out voices ! Let us have points of view! Let us debate the things that the establishment have been scared of us talking about so that an understanding can be reached on both sides.
    Why are people labled bigots or racists because they haven't been given the full evidence to base an opinion?

It could start with a simple question. What are you afraid of?

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post

Completely agree with this. As I've said before, and Piers says in the interview, Tommy has some good points and could use his experience as part of a holistic approach to redusing and ending the problem.

But calling the problem "Islam" as you say is a huge backwards step and plays right into Isis's dirty hands. He says EXACTLY what they would want an influential indigenous person to say. All my workmates and friends, all peaceful, law abiding (can't believe I have to even say this knowing them as well as I do!) people who have integrated into our society. But they believe in Islam. Just as Christians do, although it is fair to say that we have amended most of the gory details in transition from old to new testaments. But an extremist won't be interested in a 'new' version of their faith. They are...extremists, far removed from thought that is rational. My Muslim friends, as well as the vast majority of the faith are able to take their own more positive, peaceful and loving parts of their sacred text and live their lives accordingly. Somebody waving their 'holy text' around saying "this is the problem", "this must be banned", "the problem is with Islam" can only serve to alienate peace loving Muslims and push the more susceptible ones further into the arms of Isis.

Surely, our movement should be focused on terrorists, people who use this text as a reason or excuse to carry out their hateful actions.

I'm afraid, on watching the video (yes Morgan is an a*se we all know that), the bottom line is that Robinson is fueling the Isis cause and as a result putting our people just that little bit more at risk as more recruits are gained.

Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 LastLast