+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gigs Thread

Primus 20/6

SO F@CKING GOOD

im retiring from gigging

Blue Oyster Cult ticket for sale

Thinking of going to Ramblin Man Fair as its on during my summer holidays down in Kent, got Saxon, ZZ Top, UFO, British Lion, Devin Townsend, Dokken, Extreme, Blackstar Riders its also a craft beer and food festival.

Got Blink 182 with Frank Turner next

Primus, Roundhouse, 20/6

Now im off my high i can review.

Wow f@cking wow. What a gig, what a band, what a venue

Day started off with a few beers around Camden including in Belgo Noord(love that place) and Dingwalls in the scorching heat. Easy 30 degrees. Good chilled oot afternoon

Headed to the Roundhouse at doors excited like a kid a christmas. Got my tour sark and then entered the hall. Some place. Alot of history too. Was impressed by the ease of getting pints. Always a must in music venues. (ABC is good for this) the half an hour i had to wait for the band felt like 2 hours. when Mr Claypool and co entered at 8 i fell into a trance. These guys have been top of my band hit list for years and years and i finally got to see their wizardary. Les Claypool is the best bassist in the world. Argue all you want but he is no doubt about it. A genius. This was "an evening with" affair made up of two sets and lasted 2 1/2 hours. But it easnt enough

"Here come the B@stards" "Wynonas Big Brown Beaver" "The Heckler" "John of the Rocks" "Southbound Pachyderm" "Jerry Was A Racecar Driver" "Lee van Cleef" all in the but dissapointingly no "Tommy the Cat", "Pudding Time" "John the Fisherman" or "Shake Hands With Beef" but canna complain 21 tunes and it was a joy to watch. F@cking brilliant

Hope i get a another gig in the Roundhouse. I like it.

Also have to mention, i flew to luton from Inverness and stayed in an appartment on Finchley road. 80 quid all in. Luton to West Hampstead was only 25 mins on the train.

Cheaper and easier than going to Glasgow

Only Van Halen left to tick off now

CJ Ramone playing toon at the Assembly forgot the date but im home. Ill take that on

Suffocation Glasgow in August. Home for that too. Sweet

Pauldolski, my pals been to the last 2 Rambling Mans and loves it. Hes going again this year. Trying to get me to go but im nae able This years bill is ace. UFO and ZZ Top is enough but Heavy Devy Townsend, Extreme, BSR and Dokken will be a laugh, theres also Kenny Wayne Shephard whos a guilty pleasure, Graham Bonnet(great voice) and Dan Baird of The Georgia Satelites fame. Id f@cking love to go but im affshore

Ramblin man is all dependent on our Euro run. 3rd qualifying round is day before so need to know where i will be the night before the opening day, hoping for Dons at home thurs, fly to ramblin man camp til monday, night in london monday, fly to whatever country we are playing in then home on the friday after game. Hope it all works out but it won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Ramblin man is all dependent on our Euro run. 3rd qualifying round is day before so need to know where i will be the night before the opening day, hoping for Dons at home thurs, fly to ramblin man camp til monday, night in london monday, fly to whatever country we are playing in then home on the friday after game. Hope it all works out but it won't.
    Never does

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Primus, Roundhouse, 20/6

Now im off my high i can review.

Wow f@cking wow. What a gig, what a band, what a venue

Day started off with a few beers around Camden including in Belgo Noord(love that place) and Dingwalls in the scorching heat. Easy 30 degrees. Good chilled oot afternoon

Headed to the Roundhouse at doors excited like a kid a christmas. Got my tour sark and then entered the hall. Some place. Alot of history too. Was impressed by the ease of getting pints. Always a must in music venues. (ABC is good for this) the half an hour i had to wait for the band felt like 2 hours. when Mr Claypool and co entered at 8 i fell into a trance. These guys have been top of my band hit list for years and years and i finally got to see their wizardary. Les Claypool is the best bassist in the world. Argue all you want but he is no doubt about it. A genius. This was "an evening with" affair made up of two sets and lasted 2 1/2 hours. But it easnt enough

"Here come the B@stards" "Wynonas Big Brown Beaver" "The Heckler" "John of the Rocks" "Southbound Pachyderm" "Jerry Was A Racecar Driver" "Lee van Cleef" all in the but dissapointingly no "Tommy the Cat", "Pudding Time" "John the Fisherman" or "Shake Hands With Beef" but canna complain 21 tunes and it was a joy to watch. F@cking brilliant

Hope i get a another gig in the Roundhouse. I like it.

Also have to mention, i flew to luton from Inverness and stayed in an appartment on Finchley road. 80 quid all in. Luton to West Hampstead was only 25 mins on the train.

Cheaper and easier than going to Glasgow

Only Van Halen left to tick off now
    Seen Claypool and co twice once supporting Rush in 92 very good and at Reading a few years later if it wasnae there it was some other festival in Febshire.

Some work for a trio and you cannae beat Frizzle Fry or Sailing the Seas Awf Fromage, kinda lost interest after Pork Soda

Quote Originally Posted by vasilyrats86 View Post
    Seen Claypool and co twice once supporting Rush in 92 very good and at Reading a few years later if it wasnae there it was some other festival in Febshire.

Some work for a trio and you cannae beat Frizzle Fry or Sailing the Seas Awf Fromage, kinda lost interest after Pork Soda
    Get yourself Green Naugahyde. Its brilliant. Their second last album but last original as Primus and the Chocolate Factory was last(also ace)

I'm listening to Radiohead at Glastonbury now (on YouTube), f*ck me they're guid!

Quote Originally Posted by andoplzcumbak View Post
    I'm listening to Radiohead at Glastonbury now (on YouTube), f*ck me they're guid!
    https://youtu.be/Ti6qhk3tX2s

Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast