+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Leonard Saga

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Could be B58, but Sarfend's fans are saying it's strange he's not travelled like the other players out today have as the game isn't far.

We should know soon enough anyway, owd perma-tan is going to explain all after the game it seems.
    Poster on S2 said he is there

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Ahh right, who knows then, let's hope we'll know one way or another when Brown does his PM.

I'm getting board with it all TBH, the last time I got hooked on a saga like this we ended up with Hammond.

Who cares!

It seems he's slapped a transfer request in thus morning. Bet he ends up at Ipswich.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    It seems he's slapped a transfer request in thus morning. Bet he ends up at Ipswich.
    Breaking: Ryan Leonard has rejected Blues' contract offer and has put in a transfer request. More to follow.

Source Chris Phillips Echo reporter.

Signing for Milwall then

Breaking: Ryan Leonard has rejected Blues' contract offer and has put in a transfer request. More to follow.

Source Chris Phillips Echo reporter.

Signing for Milwall then
    Millwall suits the lad,ah said Millwall suits the lad.

That's no surprise his earlier statement wreaked of come and get me,it's where he goes now,personally I think he's one of these I'm happy supping flat beer types that want to stay close to home,they do actually believe it's cold and bleak ooop norf

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    That's no surprise his earlier statement wreaked of come and get me,it's where he goes now,personally I think he's one of these I'm happy supping flat beer types that want to stay close to home,they do actually believe it's cold and bleak ooop norf
    Should have a look on here then they'd know everythin's rosy in the garden wunt they? UTCB

If he is moving for the sake of his career and wants a manager that will improve him, its BDTBL all the way. If is missus wears the trousers it's Millwall, man or mouse ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshortandtall View Post
    Now saying he's withdrawn transfer request after talking to Chairman. Time to move on. Southend chairman has a reputation for over valuing players and losing out in the long run. Having said that shows if you really want a player to stay you don't have to cave in to the first offer received, Mr McCabe take note.

Some lessons for us to learn on negotiating for players. The first bid of £250k was too low and no doubt pissed off Southend. Its taken us a month and 3 bids to get to £500k and yet we've now apparently gone out and put in a first bid for a player of lesser ability at Oxford for £500k as a starting point. Can't help thinking if we'd done the same a month ago for Leonard, before Dack was sold for £750k and the Walker sale, we'd have got this deal over the line by now.
    We must be fairly decent and have some idea at this buying players lark,we have successfully bought 5 this summer,I say carry on trying to get value for our money

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast