+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: George Thorne

Rowett no doubt knows Thornes contribution could again be limited and moved quickly to bring in Huddlestone. Both break up play and have brilliant vision and we now have the luxury that barring injury to both we don't have to experiment with the likes of Johnson playing out of position as a DM.

I just hope players don't read posts as some are written off time and again by so called supporters.

I'm guessing Thorne is more pissed off than any of the other players or supporters about not being able to play. There is of course a chance that he might not recover to play again at this standard but unless he is 'medically retired' or whilst he is contracted to the club we should back him not vilify and discard him ..... FFS

Quality player IMO

Hes played about 36 games in 3 seasons ffs

Hes missed whole seasons through injury, albeit one of them was a leg break from a mick mccarthy clogger granted, we should have repaid the favour on that front.

But hes never going to be 100% is he,, hes had too many injurys,, and lets not feel too sorry for him, hes a millionaire who wont have to work a day once his playing career is over.

Your rationale over his limited game time is pretty spot on but it's when you make comments like 'we should have repaid the favour on that front' that you are shown to be a bit of a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    Your rationale over his limited game time is pretty spot on but it's when you make comments like 'we should have repaid the favour on that front' that you are shown to be a bit of a tool.
    Not even sure about the 'rationale', Manx. GT's unavailability is deeply frustrating but, he had a bad injury...was coming back from it well and then suffered a complicated double fracture...just a case of '**** happens'.
    Can't argue with your second point though.

So just to be clear, the rationale here is that if you have a contract to do a job and you get injured during that job which prevents you doing that job, then your employer should cancel that contract and end your career, even though the reason you can't do the job is not your fault?

Thats not only harsh but frankly ludicrous and why does the amount of money he earns alter the morality of that view?

I'm guessing if Thorne recovers to full fitness and helps Derby to promotion with his peerless performances you will suddenly change your tune FFS!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    So just to be clear, the rationale here is that if you have a contract to do a job and you get injured during that job which prevents you doing that job, then your employer should cancel that contract and end your career, even though the reason you can't do the job is not your fault?

Thats not only harsh but frankly ludicrous and why does the amount of money he earns alter the morality of that view?

I'm guessing if Thorne recovers to full fitness and helps Derby to promotion with his peerless performances you will suddenly change your tune FFS!
    Regretably thems the rule Swale, in 'normal' business if not in football. Been alongside a number of folk who slipped quietly out of employment in just such a manner

Yep, very normal to end employment in such a manner. It's bad luck but dcfc doesn't owe him a career.

I think the signing of Huddlestone will see Thorne as a bench player for this season, could even see him going out on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Yep, very normal to end employment in such a manner. It's bad luck but dcfc doesn't owe him a career.

I think the signing of Huddlestone will see Thorne as a bench player for this season, could even see him going out on loan.
    I'm not so sure, I think GR prefers a system with 2 holding midfielders and given a fully fit squad Thorne and Huddlestone would get the vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Regretably thems the rule Swale, in 'normal' business if not in football. Been alongside a number of folk who slipped quietly out of employment in just such a manner
    Really? I'm surprised. People 'slipping quietly out of employment' because of illness perhaps, but because of injury sustained as a direct result of such employment?

Can't see him being loaned out Adi. Too valuable an asset and nothing to prove ability wise. If we can keep a fit and capable DCM in the form of Thorne or Huddlestone...one playing an hour and the other coming on for the last thirty minutes then that'll do for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Really? I'm surprised. People 'slipping quietly out of employment' because of illness perhaps, but because of injury sustained as a direct result of such employment?
    Shaun Barker

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)