+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brayford or Lenihan

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    I don't rate him at CB Rod, he made too many mistakes for me mate. The best CB's just keep doing the same simple things over again regular as clockwork.
    Didn't THE BEARD play at CB for Burton last season? I just can't see him bein fit enuff for the wing back role.UTCB

When Brayford first came to us he couldn't do anything wrong, Seemed to be a cut above the rest at League One level and when he went back to Cardiff he looked adequate at least at the next level and most Blades watched his time at Cardiff with interest to say the least.

The return spell back here didn't go to plan for Bray as I think the change in management from Clough to Adkins didn't do him any favours but the change did not help most of the squad at that time either,

It is debatable what Brayfords best position is in the back line, however my opinion is that Brayford is a much better full back than a Centre Back and I feel he would be exposed at Championship Level here,

It also depends on Brayfords attitude and whether he can focus without Cloughie on the job here in hand and work his socks off to get involved again,

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Didn't THE BEARD play at CB for Burton last season? I just can't see him bein fit enuff for the wing back role.UTCB
    I don't know for sure Rod, I was somewhat preoccupied with the Champions, but the Burton fans I know seemed to think he was playing through injury most games so you're probably right. As big a fan as I was of the BEARD when he first came, I never rated him defensively but I thought his overall influence on the team more than made up for it. That last season he played for us at CB was like watching a different player. UTB

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    I don't know for sure Rod, I was somewhat preoccupied with the Champions, but the Burton fans I know seemed to think he was playing through injury most games so you're probably right. As big a fan as I was of the BEARD when he first came, I never rated him defensively but I thought his overall influence on the team more than made up for it. That last season he played for us at CB was like watching a different player. UTB
    He's had bad knee injuries since he joined us permanently,rumours are he dunt train regulalry(a bit like Ledley King & the gr8 Paul Mcgrath)that's why i don't think his legs would be able to get him up and down the pitch,which as ya know is essential in the wing back role.I know we paid alot for him but i was very pleased when he came back,the injuries have certainly done him no favours.UTCB

I don't think THE BEARD has the legs to be wing back anymore Gray,if he'd been fully fit he would've atracted offers of that i've no doubt.If he get's in our team and it's a big IF it'll have to be as a Centreback in a 3.UTCB
    he played well at RB at Eastleigh, got down the wing well, and thumped a couple of good hard crosses into the box

not keen on his "Man Bun" tho - just not "The Blades Way"

Quote Originally Posted by rotweissler View Post
    he played well at RB at Eastleigh, got down the wing well, and thumped a couple of good hard crosses into the box

not keen on his "Man Bun" tho - just not "The Blades Way"
    Ok mate i wasn't there so i take your word for it,i still don't think he'd be able to do it on a regular basis.Nowt wrong wi Buns by the way,i've alluss been partial to a few sticky buns.UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 31-07-2017 at 03:11 PM.

He's had bad knee injuries since he joined us permanently,rumours are he dunt train regulalry(a bit like Ledley King & the gr8 Paul Mcgrath)that's why i don't think his legs would be able to get him up and down the pitch,which as ya know is essential in the wing back role.I know we paid alot for him but i was very pleased when he came back,the injuries have certainly done him no favours.UTCB
    Who knows what he can and can't do at the moment, but I am glad he is still at the club and hope he stays. As somebody rightly said, 12 months ago nobody gave Coutts or Freeman a chance - and now look what's happened.

My favourite match of the last few years was the cup tie v Charlton - Brayford was immense that day.

Have just youtubed it............what a(nother) great goal from Flynnaldo

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    Who knows what he can and can't do at the moment, but I am glad he is still at the club and hope he stays. As somebody rightly said, 12 months ago nobody gave Coutts or Freeman a chance - and now look what's happened.

My favourite match of the last few years was the cup tie v Charlton - Brayford was immense that day.

Have just youtubed it............what a(nother) great goal from Flynnaldo
    Monte i aint knockin THE BEARD as a player,i've said i was really pleased when he returned to BDBL,if he was gunna stay and play wing back or full back why would we have bothered buyin Baldock tho? One of my favrit bits of THE BEARD action was when Porter was gunna tek the pen v.The scabs in't cup and THE BEARD was dancin abart at the edge of the box tryin to put their keeper off. UTCB

3rd bid of £1.5 million rejected for Lenihan, this one will go to the wire or just won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    3rd bid of £1.5 million rejected for Lenihan, this one will go to the wire or just won't happen.
    At least I see that as being realistic and shows that CW is pushing the boat out in his pursuit

Our snorter neighbours bid appears to suggest the money's run out

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast