+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 261 of 922 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311361761 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 9219

Thread: OT. The futures Bright, the Futures Brexit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I didn't think it was that good but thanks, appreciate the compliment chap
    You are right it isn't that good!

I see that paragon of truth and unbiased reporting the Daily mail is moaning about how the EU have introduced stricter border controls for non schengen countries, when its spent most of the time previously bemoaning the lack of strict border controls! One couldn't make it up!

Guess we will see a lot of this as the negative effects of Brexit are reported by the very media that was howling for it to happen. I can't help feeling a little smug that no doubt plenty of Brexiteers who also wanted stricter border checks and controls will now be whinging at having to queue at immigration!

Anyone who has been to the States will know what strict border controls means!

Sorry to put you right whilst at the same time calling you out as being as bad as the daily mail, but this is not a negative effect of brexit, U.K. Were never (thank God) part of Schengen so our EU status is irrelevant to this. Early reports from the sharp end (I was in Palma airport today) suggests that the inconsistency of border personnel is a bigger problem than the new rules although it did take longer overall to pass through customs

Sorry to put you right whilst at the same time calling you out as being as bad as the daily mail, but this is not a negative effect of brexit, U.K. Were never (thank God) part of Schengen so our EU status is irrelevant to this. Early reports from the sharp end (I was in Palma airport today) suggests that the inconsistency of border personnel is a bigger problem than the new rules although it did take longer overall to pass through customs
    Well you are of course right, though a bit nit picking in that the Eu are applying stricter controls to non schengen countries, which as you said and indeed if you scroll back through the many posts on here I pointed out many many times, but it is an indication of what will be the case when we leave the EU and for the mail to whinge about this is a bit rich.

Swale's point about the hypocrisy of the Daily Mail still stands though Andy. Personally I'm just so glad I no longer have to travel in the school holidays and that I 'passed' the test and paid the fee for 'Global Entry' as far as getting into the States is concerned which...despite having a madman as leader...has now become a pleasure to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Well you are of course right, though a bit nit picking in that the Eu are applying stricter controls to non schengen countries, which as you said and indeed if you scroll back through the many posts on here I pointed out many many times, but it is an indication of what will be the case when we leave the EU and for the mail to whinge about this is a bit rich.
    Agreed on that one, Even the number puzzles have an anti EU slant

A weaker pound, prices rising, wages not going up, business investment falling...the source? That well known lefty...Mark Carney. Add to that, more expensive holidays, longer airport queues and increasing political isolation within Europe...thank you so much Nigel, Boris and Co, how will the nation ever be able to thank you?

Holidays in Skegness should not be any more expensive

[QUOTE=ramAnag;38607485]A weaker pound, prices rising, wages not going up, business investment falling...the source? That well known lefty...Mark Carney. Add to that, more expensive holidays, longer airport queues and increasing political isolation within Europe...thank you so much Nigel, Boris and Co, how will the nation ever be able to thank you?[/QUOTE

You're starting to sound like Swale, don't go there please stick to reasoned arguments not that silly buggers rants

[QUOTE=Andy_Faber;38607986]
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    A weaker pound, prices rising, wages not going up, business investment falling...the source? That well known lefty...Mark Carney. Add to that, more expensive holidays, longer airport queues and increasing political isolation within Europe...thank you so much Nigel, Boris and Co, how will the nation ever be able to thank you?[/QUOTE

You're starting to sound like Swale, don't go there please stick to reasoned arguments not that silly buggers rants
    They were observations, not arguments, having watched the news tonight. A reasoned reflection following the Governor of the BoE's comments today. How much more 'establishment' can you get? The future prosperity of this country appears to me to be going to hell in a handcart and still, despite voting 'Remain' you're in denial. Provide me with a reasoned response as to where there are grounds for genuine optimism and I'll gladly listen.

Page 261 of 922 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311361761 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)