+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Our best formation & team

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    So it looks like Hecky started with the following 4-4-2..
    (and while I am a fan of 2 up front, Ive already suggested he should have gone with 4-5-1 today)
    Davies,
    McCarthy, Jackson, MacDonald (cap), Yiadom,
    Potts, Moncur, Williams, Mowatt,
    Ugbo, Bradshaw,
    Subs: Hammill (Bradshaw), Hedges (Potts), Payne (Ugbo).

So, as he brought Hammill on for Bradshaw at Ht, how did that effect the team and did we go 4-5-1 for the second half ?
    It must have been a straight swap up front between Ugbo & Payne, but questions have got to be asked now about Bradshaw and our failure to bring in the sort of strikers we desperately need.
    Looking at his goal, maybe theres something to work with regarding Hedges as a striker, rather than as an out and out winger ?
    Wrong starting eleven for me no width.
    As for the goals Davies a little unlucky with the first one and Yids was in dream land for the 2nd two clearly got his mind on his dream move to the promised land.
    See highlights:

http://www.skysports.com/football/br...arnsley/374621

Thats something I didnt want to mention Poggs to be honest, but Id also like us to sort this out with Yids as soon as poss.
    Hes made it clear that its thanks Bfc but no thanks, so lets get rid eh and replace him quickly. Sounds simple doesn't it.

When hes fit surely Isgrove is a cert on the wing, but until then Id have thought Hammill & Hedges instead, its common sense isn't it ?. Ive heard Hedges can play up front so I wonder if we can work something out there, hes got height and he might offer us something that we're missing. Maybe!

Hammill & Hedges should have started I just don't think Mowatt fits into 4-4-2.

If you're gonna play 442 you've got to have wingers and get it out wide . That's what's brought us success. Today's team selection to start with was bizarre

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    If you're gonna play 442 you've got to have wingers and get it out wide . That's what's brought us success. Today's team selection to start with was bizarre
    It sounds like simple common sense Esr and like you and some others have also said, Hecky is making a few too many of these unexplainable & bizarre decisions now. And hes been doing it to be honest since January onwards.

Still can't see why all these midfielders were signed it's going to take 15-20 games to find the right formation then it will be too late

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Still can't see why all these midfielders were signed it's going to take 15-20 games to find the right formation then it will be too late
    might not be too late, i think there's some teams gonna struggle with us this year. but we are bad. very bad, not enough actaul quality, i can see em working and that will bring something to be table, but not enough to stay in this league, -pity, because we should be doin a number on bristol, they did the very minimum required to beat us.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234