+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 121 of 560 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Indeed, wtih the beach blocking of 50% of potential routes and the lack of road capacity around it, Kingsford will improve traffic to and from the ground.

It would also ease a main route through Aberdeen along King Street.
    Only 1300 cars will be driving straight out the stadium. The rest of you will take half an hour to even get to your cars and maybe 10-15 minutes to get out.

Sipping a pint by 5.20? Don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    Only 1300 cars will be driving straight out the stadium. The rest of you will take half an hour to even get to your cars and maybe 10-15 minutes to get out.

Using your own maths it would be 5:25. I'd take that for a new stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeJam View Post
    Don't believe the sh!te they come out with. Around 20 folk causing a stink and working hard to convince other people who don't go anyway that it's a bad idea and to object. And these are the sort that always get the sympathetic ear from local authority.

The majority of Westhill either don't give 2 sh!ts or are for the development - but there's no real organised "Yes" brigade to shout about it.

Personally I'm with OBI and Stav - if it's the best thing for the club, so be it. I'll still attend and support them. But I remain to be convinced that it definitely is the best thing and would much prefer to remain on the Pittodrie site if possible. If anyone's got £50m loose change kicking about feel free to redevelop Pittodrie with it.
    Im the same as you 3, I think we could redevelop Pittodrie if we wanted but the current board have no intentions of doing that so its not worth discussing.If they get the go ahead for Kingsford I will still go, there better be a fans section with bars etc though I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere by AFC hope its not a case of people assuming.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

One thing is for sure, if the Kingsford stadium gets built there will be 0% walking to the football, I cant see much folk from Westhill going to games by the fuss they are causing
    There's plenty in Westhill in favour of the development.

1300 is what, about 1100 more than the current car park holds?

Kingsford not hemmed in in the middle of a city, and not emptying onto single carriageway roads. Of course traffic will be much better.

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    Of course not! but if they live in toon they have the choice regardless. It was a long time ago and not so many folk had cars but none of my ****age mates parents took them to the game . If that make me a dinosaur - fair enough but i suspect high density housing gives a club a better chance of filling the ground?
    Not a dinosaur but perhaps not empathising with those that have no choice but to drive? So take your dons daft kiddie from stonehaven or ellon or turriff.... its the drive to aberdeen then at least an hour before and after the game just driving to near Pittodrie and parking (add in those on the outskirts of aberdeen - dyce etc)... . Folks park up st machar drive and beyond and walk as there isn't enough parking near the existing stadium... it just seems you are prioritising the experience of one group (those that are lucky enough to live in a place with public transport to enable a degree of youthful independance) over another (those that have to plan car rides to do just about anything).

I Imagine the shuttle buses will still get the kids from town to the new stadium fast enough... but given the stats about those driving maybe those represent a bigger market? In terms of parking footprint - has sub-terrian multi-story been investigated?

PLUS if the club follow out of town continental models of fan areas (yes with alcohol) then people can get their early and enjoy the atmosphere...

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    1300 is what, about 1100 more than the current car park holds?

Kingsford not hemmed in in the middle of a city, and not emptying onto single carriageway roads. Of course traffic will be much better.
    So you'll replace the time you're complaining about taking to get away from Pittodrie with the same amount of time? Unless you pay for a parking season ticket.

So you'll replace the time you're complaining about taking to get away from Pittodrie with the same amount of time? Unless you pay for a parking season ticket.
    Err no, how on earth will kingsford possibly be as bad?

Flatten and rebuild Pittodrie in stages and whatever way required.

Kings Links. .
    Ah, so you'd get rid of an excellent sports facility on KLGC instead of building on waste ground at Westhill? Makes sense :/

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    Err no, how on earth will kingsford possibly be as bad?
    It'll take you just as long to get to your car park and out of it

Very ****e for those that live in the city as well whether by car or bus

Page 121 of 560 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast