+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 137 of 560 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post

You ever sat in the back of the DD? You can't even see the goal-line. That's basic, basic stuff. And you are still repeatedly querying why so many are not trusting of this shoe-box design?
    I used to have a seat in the DD upper.
    Chose the front row, on an aisle, right behind the glass. fantastic view in between fans arriving after kick off, going for pies 10 mins before half time, getting back to their seats 5-10 mins after the break and then leaving early to beat the traffic congestion after the match.

I now sit in the South Stand again and have a much better view.

This is an opportunity to have a far better stadium than we have at Pittodrie

I think the steps between rows in the new stadium should be the same height as those in away end of the Pecara Stadion in Siroki Brijeg.

For one thing, it would keep the moaning pensioners with their traveling rugs and Thermos flasks out of the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Entrance from above with no tunnels.
    I'd immediately think there would be concerns raised over HSE and evacuation plans.
    Add in a huge additional cost to submerge the ground, else are you suggesting we climb to the top to go back down to our seats.
    submerge the ground, what are you on about. HSE ? walk up to access ! what specious nonsense - we have that at south stand already. Have you not seen all the grounds who are building similar structures. Arsenal , spurs new stadium etc never been to hampden

MK dons also just seemed to bypass HSE then , a favoured ground. we could dispense with the upper level for ours:

Name:  Mk_stadium_upgraded.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  93.8 KB

you just seem to be about negation with no substance.

Why don't we have the training facility at kingsford but have the Stadium at the old A.E.C Bridge of Don , The council can do a deal regarding the ground we can revert to the original plan with the higher stands , The area is used to dealing with large events so no bother with the traffic , it also has the Park and Ride right on its door step .And its not far from the city.

...look we all argue about left backs and strikers and this is just another variation on a different scale. All good fun right? Keep it friendly surely? Keyboard heroes be damned!

So picking up on a couple of comments / trends above.

1) It probably doesn't look the best but we can't afford the best.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=no...otball+stadium

So already we are talking about an IKEA version of a stadium. Which is fair enough we cut our cloth accordingly on the playing field (and rightly get upset when there is financial doping / inequality that skews the sporting contest).

2) Spoke to (well I bored) my other half civil engineer about some stuff on here as she's worked on stadium projects in the past in Uk and Europe... the cost of construction in the UK is inflated compared to continental Europe (certainly eastern europe) where a lot of the stadiums posted above are from - 50m here aint 50m there (not talking euros v punds either - although seems to be about 1:1 now anyway! #brexittax) so they get more for their money. So again - advocate more more debt and a better stadium... or I guess buy the club and spend what you want (my fantasy is a hyperloop to the stadium from the 'jint station' with a roof on filled with 50k aberdeen fans cheering us onto an invincible treble - awesome!!!)

3) The video is very interesting around 4:20 as it makes it obvious the sheer lack of facilities that exist in pittodrie - people working out of the boxes and having to relocate on matchdays. The activity that we *aren't* doing as a club (or struggle to do) like having grass that the kids the community lot bring in can play on. Just the shear lack of academy development that the new training ground would provide. I suspect that's a reason that hearts / celtic etc would love co-location. Tour of the stadium - chance to maybe see the players training... getting to play 'on the pitches'... just much more fun for kids of all ages (you'd love it .

Maybe its just me but I'd love to have all of that stuff at Pittodrie (have we thought about a TARDIS but it just doesn't seem achievable (lets kick the golfers out! - aye right see the uproar over that!) / affordable (the vast additional costs of redeveloping on linksland etc etc etc [see above ad nauseum]).... The unfortunate situation is that co-location option is cheaper / more practical than todders redevelopment and building training elsewhere....

... so its then about what can we do? I genuinely don't think producing 'new stadium' proposals that piss off a minority and don't move us forward every 5/10 years is progress. If this doesn't happen it's going to be horrendous back to square one type stuff with these same forum discussion rehearsing the same arguments in 10 years and who the hell wants that!

4) By all means have gripes and groans but if you feel that strongly about it join the groups, not trying to stop it, but trying to improve the proposals... (hyperloops! ;-)

2c

ps Just had an awesome ridiculously impractical and wasteful use of space idea! Why don't we have a "drive in" stand where we put cars on 6/7 stories for all the folks driving! Just imagine all the car horns going off when we score! .... I'll get my coat...

Quote Originally Posted by stars2 View Post
    Why don't we have the training facility at kingsford but have the Stadium at the old A.E.C Bridge of Don , The council can do a deal regarding the ground we can revert to the original plan with the higher stands , The area is used to dealing with large events so no bother with the traffic , it also has the Park and Ride right on its door step .And its not far from the city.

The Club have already stated why this can't be done.

Wouldn't be hard to look it up, but to save you the hassle - it's because the council are already considering a proposal for housing and hotel (aye, because we've got none of them already...)

Live in Hampshire and took my lad to see Southampton vs Swansea at the weekend.

St Mary's is a great ground. Plenty of space around the perimeter on the stadium for events to be run, had a beat the goalie competition with squad players helping to run it (Van Dijk wasn't one of them!), Ice cream vans giving the kids free cones, bouncy castle all the usual gubbins - kids loved it. Stadium bar in main stand with terrace area that you can take your drink out into, very nice.

Inside the ground, loads of food and drink kiosks. 360 degree filled in stadium which helps generate some good noise (even if English Saints take after their Scottish farming cousins and don't sing).

Guess what I'm saying is that Pittodrie is a weight around the neck and is holding the club back. Some fans will disagree over location of new place but you could debate location for another ten years without ever coming to an agreement. The time has come to make a definitive move before we have to stage European games outside the city and we get left behind by the likes of Hearts and Hibs with their stadium/training facilities set-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Well said.
    Someone with common sense and no NIMBYism / self interest present
    Without a hint of irony. He's clearly a golfer who probably uses the driving range and lives in Westhill.

My 'interest' is in our core support living in Aberdeen. 26% live in central Aberdeen and 55% in the 'city' area. There aren't thousands of untapped fans in the shire waiting to turn up at an out of town stadium. There are thousands and thousands in the city who will be worse off with a fake experience after the initial buzz dies.

You keep asking what could be better about the stadium when it's been said hundreds of times.

Steep stands rather than the standard angle ours are at. No idea what you mean about getting things past the council. 34 degrees is the legal limit and ours are 25-29.

Filled in corners or none at all, not the cheap Ibrox/Bristol ones that are only there because they're redeveloped and there's nowhere to put the stuff in them.

Low flat roof and significant standing, and for some reason new British stadiums still have front rows at pitch level.

Here is exactly what we should be aiming for.

Not this

A proper stadium with identity. It isn't hard.

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post

Folk aren't digging in their heels to annoy you, they want a state of the art stadium but are genuinally concerned that AFC will f*ck this up good and proper.

As you were...
    Exactly OBI.

Im going to Rapid Vienna v Matterburg in December. Ill take my camera

Then i will compare it to the new pittodrie when/if it (delete as applicable) happens and i bet the Allianz/West stadion is better by a long shot
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 14-08-2017 at 09:21 PM.

Page 137 of 560 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast