+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many more

Hanley close to finalising a move to Norwich apparently and Hull looking at loaning Colback.

hanley to norwich
    colback to hull on loan i cant see the benefit of that .he would be ok for the bench unless rafa has anything better lined up on lower wages

lazar seems to be wanted by every man and his dog

hairdara going to a belgium

Lazaar - main issue seems to be wages, the clubs that want him can't match his current wages but i think he'll take the hit to leave.

It's looking pretty good the way we're offloading these players.
    I reckon they'll be all gone by the transfer deadline, or as close to it to effectively leave us more balanced and allowing in two or three incoming players, possibly.

Just Gayle to go if all the rest of the players move as is mentioned.
    As long as we get our money back for him, at the very least then it'll be a good deal as it appears clear that Rafa doesn't fancy him or doesn't trust him or finds him too weak to lead the line... whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Lazaar - main issue seems to be wages, the clubs that want him can't match his current wages but i think he'll take the hit to leave.
    It seems that he's only on £9000 a week on a 5 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Really. . . .I'd of thought it was more than that. Hopefully one of the clubs will come up with the wages so we can move him out.

On SSN that we've agreed a fee with Norwich for Hanley now. Hasn't said what, just that it's agreed, i'd think we want to recoup close to the £5 million we paid though. So he should be gone soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    That sounds too low. Chronicle reckons £35k:

"The defender had been linked with a move to Napoli last year but any buying club would need to match his wages of £35,000 per week."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport...dmits-13026679

Lazaar was also on $28,000 (about £21K in today's money) at Palermo, according to this article HERE, so I doubt he'd have dropped to £9k for us.

Article (from 2015) also says 'both Monaco and Paris Saint-Germain tried to sign the young Moroccan left-back last transfer window, nearly doubling his market value.' Where did it all go wrong, eh? So strange that such a well-regarded player totally failed to make any impression here, especially as the LB slot was there for the taking

£35k sounds more in line with what others have been paid.

There's conflicting reports about his wages, so it could well be somewhere in between mine and the highest stated wage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)