+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 157 of 560 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Yeah cheers @gooby but the link does seem to be down at the moment.

I've nothing else to add tonight apart from congratulating @notinmyname for getting the word 'Metathesiophobics' in there.

I must admit I thought you'd just made it up for a second. A 17 letter word on Abmad - Bravo sir
    We need to leave Pittodrie. I am scared of contracting pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis from silica in the crumbling concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    We need to leave Pittodrie. I am scared of contracting pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis from silica in the crumbling concrete.
    Word.

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    All the issues with Pittodrie are painted as can't be resolved. This isn't just me saying the club's excuses in these regards are rubbish, the council has as well..
    …i don’t think anyone has said they are not solvable - just expensive and impractical. Could harass the adjacent residents into moving and knock down the flats and houses as Liverpool did. That sort of thing…. I’m sure that Mason, who is rationally concerned with debt, costs and other logistical issues, might be equally horrified with an un-costed plan based on a theoretical unlimited budget?

1. Aberdeen will never belong in 'Kingsford', in that area next to a bypass. We belong in the heart of the city. 'Kingsford' has no identity and never will. Maybe at the first game, maybe after a couple of years, people will realise that. All the places around it have no ambience. I imagine out in the middle of an enormous field where everyone has been bussed or driven in will match that.
    …and we’re at your real reason for objection - quite entitled to that point of view BTW… but i don’t think it is valid for all or even a majority. I’d like to know how far out of the ‘heart of the city’ would be acceptable to you? Given carte blanche if we were to knock down all the stuff at Garthdee - is that too far? Which street in Aberdeen is too far for you? The issue that I think some people have with statements like “Aberdeen will never belong in 'Kingsford', in that area next to a bypass. We belong in the heart of the city.“ is that it prejudices your experience over those who travel from outside the city who are also fans. I would love access to supporter ticket data so it might be statistically mapped onto a geographic heat map… I suspect (but cannot prove as I don’t have access to the data) that the weighted centre point would be far away from the beach… AND No location has an identity…. it can have a beauty or an ambience, but identity is created by people. Of course the fans can create an identity. I don’t see why the experience can’t be turning up an hour or half an hour early to the bar / fanzone (or around the other bits) to have a drink, chant and sing and get things going… happens in other european leagues!

2. How many comments do you see about NIMBY's on every article and discussion about it? Everyone is obsessed. No Kingsford is a dream for the club.
    …well I would hope you wouldn’t disagree that NIMBY-ism is a big part of the highly visible and active lobby for ‘NO?. Also being the internet it is easy to grab the nearest available label / insult and hurl it at those who’ve other views such as yourself. I hope I’m not like that. You have your very emotive reasons for objecting and no-one can take those away from you or tell you that you are wrong for feeling that way. However, it is an emotional response and as such when you repeatedly grasp for rationale to support your views people get a bit emotional too. I don’t believe its a massive conspiracy between the club, council, architects, structural engineers, lollypop folks or anyone else to just force this through… other arguments about Milne’s ability to build something are more viable but that’s not a reason to object to the location?

3. I don't think the council will approve it. Someone asked Dave Macdermid why the council would break every planning policy there is to approve it and he said he hoped they were persuaded it was a very special case, which is what this Aurora campaign is about doing.
    …I hope you are wrong. I would hope the council (the actual workers rather than our esteemed elected officials) have been working hand in glove with the club on a large infrastructure project in Aberdeen - identifying locations and issues and the like (who in the club would have suggested kingsford without some sort of co-ordination?).

Genuinely - are you ok? I just have this horrible vision of you hunched over the laptop, red in the face and ranting about how your football is being taken away from you. Statins are your friend. Take care.
    Last edited by notinmyname; 30-08-2017 at 01:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-40775470

Stan, scroll down to the post from Tom_Widdows
    http://www.donstalk.co.uk/index.php/...21567.html#new

Quote Originally Posted by notinmyname View Post
    …and we’re at your real reason for objection - quite entitled to that point of view BTW… but i don’t think it is valid for all or even a majority. I’d like to know how far out of the ‘heart of the city’ would be acceptable to you? Given carte blanche if we were to knock down all the stuff at Garthdee - is that too far? Which street in Aberdeen is too far for you? The issue that I think some people have with statements like “Aberdeen will never belong in 'Kingsford', in that area next to a bypass. We belong in the heart of the city.“ is that it prejudices your experience over those who travel from outside the city who are also fans. I would love access to supporter ticket data so it might be statistically mapped onto a geographic heat map… I suspect (but cannot prove as I don’t have access to the data) that the weighted centre point would be far away from the beach… AND No location has an identity…. it can have a beauty or an ambience, but identity is created by people. Of course the fans can create an identity. I don’t see why the experience can’t be turning up an hour or half an hour early to the bar / fanzone (or around the other bits) to have a drink, chant and sing and get things going… happens in other european leagues!
    This, especially bit in bold.

hahahahahaha
    Kingswells Objection was done illegally and has been rejected by City Council.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-...tland-41082477

Quote Originally Posted by notinmyname View Post
    I'm not only against it because it would be soulless as hell, but as I've gone through before somewhere on here, the combination of lack of travel options, cost of tickets & travel and it not being next to anything it needs to be next to, will add up over time to be truly dreadful.

I'd take as far as Sheddocksley. That is genuinely in Aberdeen at least. The closer to the meeting point of everything in Aberdeen (Union Street) the better. F*ck, even Loirston was technically walkable.

I've read many fans from outside the city centre and even Aberdeen, and even ones in Westhill, who don't want it there because they all think along the same lines.

As for the weighted centre point of where everyone lives, from the distribution map it looks like it would be somewhere around Northfield.

Of course locations have identities. Pittodrie is surrounded by it on all sides. Kingsford is surrounded by business parks, farms and a bypass. FFS!

I don’t believe its a massive conspiracy between the club, council, architects, structural engineers, lollypop folks or anyone else to just force this through… other arguments about Milne’s ability to build something are more viable but that’s not a reason to object to the location?

Genuinely - are you ok? I just have this horrible vision of you hunched over the laptop, red in the face and ranting about how your football is being taken away from you. Statins are your friend. Take care.
    What it is is no effort to do anything else. It isn't the only option.

I'm fine, I know that everyone else and the club wouldn't be when they finally understand what an out of town stadium is.

Quote Originally Posted by foreveradon View Post
    I hope all the good people on this board have sent a letter of support for Kingsford to happen to be their local councillor and not forgetting to show your support publicly by way of a simple Aurora car sticker
    I have duly done on both counts
    COYR
    Nope unless there are bumper stickers saying #f@ckitilldoitifihaveto

stansmith

For f*ck's sake go and either just design a f*cking stadium that would suit Aberdeen FC within the confines of Pittodrie or shut the f*ck up about it?

If you have the skills necessary to prove you're right, f*cking use them. Or maybe go and hire someone to do it and see what they say and get back to us. Otherwise your opinions are just that - and they have no basis in any form of evidence.

Unlike the opinions of people who are pro the new stadium who can cite growing numbers of professionals who believe it to be the best solution.

Page 157 of 560 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast