+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: New Stadium Design

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    I stay in Cove, which at last look was in the City. I go to every home game. On average, I would walk once (about an hour and a 1/2), get shuttle bus twice and drive about seven**** (allowing for a couple of home cup games).

In future I will probably not walk, but get the shuttle bus more. Getting to games in future including exit home will be far easier for me. Do I not count?
    I was referring to really in the city, not the boundary. 40% upwards having to travel further and at more cost. Westhillers like fatshaft and 2 people he knows think they're going to offset any loss with thousands of new fans from the outskirts and in fact crowds will go up.

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post

I'm looking out for everyone that lives in the city. You know, Aberdeen? I'm looking out for the bus takers, the walkers and the future of the club.

You don't have a clue. You think people don't take buses and think everyone drives Embarrassingly out of touch.
    ...surely no-one is claiming that there is a binary exclusion around transport methods? Perhaps there is a growing frustration here that you refuse to acknowledge that those who have to drive / travel by bus now have a worse experience than those that walk via the boozer?

So to help things along.... a fun game of yes/no answers! Prize at the end is a 10 minute rant on a topic of your choice!

1) Are fans that currently travel to Aberdeen matches from outside the City limits somehow 'lesser' in your view?

Y/N

2) Should only those that drink beforehand be allowed to go to football?

Y/N

3) Should those with Kids / families be allowed to attend?

Y/N

and some bonus free text questions!

4) What is a reasonable time to travel to a game (forget distance / method)

5) What is the latest time you can buy a ticket for a game? (No cheating now)

6) How old were you when you first went to pittodrie and who did you go with?

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    Indeed FS. Himin Stan, ever occurred to you that, for some, getting to AFC matches will be a whole lot easier when they move to Kingsford? You allege you walk to Pittodrie now; I'll walk to Kingsford then .... quid pro quo, pal
    So people that don't currently attend now will because it's easier, or do these people already attend anyway and it won't make a difference to adding numbers?

But people that do go to Pittodrie and it's much harder and less convenient for won't be affected at all. Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    Milne is using that as an excuse to reduce size / quality etc. IMO
    A controversial view might just be that having proposed something, the club listened to objectors (cutting the legs off that that argument) and the supporters found a creative solution....

Quote Originally Posted by notinmyname View Post
    ...surely no-one is claiming that there is a binary exclusion around transport methods? Perhaps there is a growing frustration here that you refuse to acknowledge that those who have to drive / travel by bus now have a worse experience than those that walk via the boozer?

So to help things along.... a fun game of yes/no answers! Prize at the end is a 10 minute rant on a topic of your choice!

1) Are fans that currently travel to Aberdeen matches from outside the City limits somehow 'lesser' in your view?

Y/N

2) Should only those that drink beforehand be allowed to go to football?

Y/N

3) Should those with Kids / families be allowed to attend?

Y/N

and some bonus free text questions!

4) What is a reasonable time to travel to a game (forget distance / method)

5) What is the latest time you can buy a ticket for a game? (No cheating now)

6) How old were you when you first went to pittodrie and who did you go with?
    1) Are there loads more of them waiting to replace those in the city?

2) They should not be dismissed.

3) Yes. Should this be the only focus at the expense of everyone else? No. Look at the family stand attendances. That is not the backbone of the support.

4) Certainly not 1 hour getting multiple methods of transport from the city.

5) Before the game.

6) Beyond my memory. I thought the singing was great. Probably people that had drunk and not drove.

I was referring to really in the city, not the boundary. 40% upwards having to travel further and at more cost. Westhillers like fatshaft and 2 people he knows think they're going to offset any loss with thousands of new fans from the outskirts and in fact crowds will go up.
    SS you ignorant ****, I'm prepared right here to wager £1000 that crowds will go up when we move to Kingsford, planning approval dependent obviously.

Upon approval, money sent to an approved forum middleman, Facebook verification provided to middleman to back up payment.

...well done - not one question answered to address the questions as posed (no Y/N; no time(s) mentioned... who forgets their first game! and who took you!) . I'll give you half a point for saying yes AND no... want to try again with actual proper answers?

1) Are there loads more of them waiting to replace those in the city?

2) They should not be dismissed.

3) Yes. Should this be the only focus at the expense of everyone else? No. Look at the family stand attendances. That is not the backbone of the support.

4) Certainly not 1 hour getting multiple methods of transport from the city.

5) Before the game.

6) Beyond my memory. I thought the singing was great. Probably people that had drunk and not drove.
    Ive never replied to this thread or the other one about the new stadium but living where i do up north it takes me 5hrs driving to get to pittodrie so 10hr round trip,normally leave about 6.30 in morn and get home at 11.00 at night,its never stopped me going to pittodrie in 30years

So people that don't currently attend now will because it's easier, or do these people already attend anyway and it won't make a difference to adding numbers?

But people that do go to Pittodrie and it's much harder and less convenient for won't be affected at all. Right.
    Stan, you mistake me for someone who gives a f@ck. The attendance at Kingsford may or may not be better than Pittodrie - who knows? The Aberdeen support will be what it will be.

Personally, I f@cking hate Pittodrie - it's a sh!thole and I will not shed a single tear when we leave. I've been going there since I was 7 so would have every reason to be all dewey-eyed about leaving; but nope, Kingsford can't come quickly enough for me ...

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Ive never replied to this thread or the other one about the new stadium but living where i do up north it takes me 5hrs driving to get to pittodrie so 10hr round trip,normally leave about 6.30 in morn and get home at 11.00 at night,its never stopped me going to pittodrie in 30years

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast