+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: New Stadium Design

Quote Originally Posted by notinmyname View Post
    A controversial view might just be that having proposed something, the club listened to objectors (cutting the legs off that that argument) and the supporters found a creative solution....
    No one in their right mind would change plans of a building to appease an objection which had no validity .

...well done - not one question answered to address the questions as posed (no Y/N; no time(s) mentioned... who forgets their first game! and who took you!) . I'll give you half a point for saying yes AND no... want to try again with actual proper answers?
    Can you remember things from when you were 2 or 3? I can hardly remember games from 3 years ago.

...surely no-one is claiming that there is a binary exclusion around transport methods? Perhaps there is a growing frustration here that you refuse to acknowledge that those who have to drive / travel by bus now have a worse experience than those that walk via the boozer?

So to help things along.... a fun game of yes/no answers! Prize at the end is a 10 minute rant on a topic of your choice!

1) Are fans that currently travel to Aberdeen matches from outside the City limits somehow 'lesser' in your view?

Y/N No

2) Should only those that drink beforehand be allowed to go to football?

Y/N No

3) Should those with Kids / families be allowed to attend?

Y/N Yes

and some bonus free text questions!

4) What is a reasonable time to travel to a game (forget distance / method) It obviously makes a difference if you're in Aberdeen and folk from Portlethen are getting there quicker than you. Less than 30 minutes from Aberdeen to a home game.

5) What is the latest time you can buy a ticket for a game? (No cheating now) 0 minutes before the game

6) How old were you when you first went to pittodrie and who did you go with?

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    Stan, you mistake me for someone who gives a f@ck. The attendance at Kingsford may or may not be better than Pittodrie - who knows? The Aberdeen support will be what it will be.

Personally, I f@cking hate Pittodrie - it's a sh!thole and I will not shed a single tear when we leave. I've been going there since I was 7 so would have every reason to be all dewey-eyed about leaving; but nope, Kingsford can't come quickly enough for me ...
    Find some friends or something. It makes it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    Quite partial to some Coldplay tracks. Love vanilla ice cream. Never wear beige. F@cking hate St Johnstone ....

Mason, I get it, you hate Stewart Milne, Derek McInnes and every other f@cker that lives north of Balloch. That post is f@cking hilarious and beyond paranoia - even for you ... put the bottle away ffs min.
    There's plenty of folk in Balloch I hate too.

When it comes to Milne, I'm as paranoid as you are gullible

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    I was referring to really in the city, not the boundary. 40% upwards having to travel further and at more cost. Westhillers like fatshaft and 2 people he knows think they're going to offset any loss with thousands of new fans from the outskirts and in fact crowds will go up.
    So for people south of Pittodrie, where in your opinion is "The City" ?

You've ruled out Cove, so is it Altens, Redmoss, Kincorth, Torry, Ferryhill, King Street (in rough order as the crow flies) ? I'm going to apply for a council tax rebate as you reckon I'm not a city dweller.

Lots of quoting stanley, not my one though.

I nominate donsdaft as the escrow, people know him, and where to find him. I cant say the same for anyone else on here, though happy to listen to alternatives.

Can you remember things from when you were 2 or 3? I can hardly remember games from 3 years ago.
    Yup - remember going to pittodrie with my grandad at 3 (couldn't put it in context until much later) remember my brother being born (2 and a half years younger) remember the penguin parade at Edinburgh zoo (3 years old from family photos context), falling down the stairs and busting my head requiring a trip to the hospital... many others. But i also know people that don't remember anything before 6.... means nothing. I'll rephrase the question into something fairer. How old were you when you went that you remember? Who did you go with? Take this as a chance to paint an amazing picture of the game and what happened and what made an impression and why that made you want to be an aberdeen fan.... you can refute the accusation of hun/westhiller etc

I would worry that you remember game 3 years ago... I'm in a strange situation where I just want to reach out and tell you to go see someone? Not scoring random internet points here...

Thanks for the answers tho.. quite inclusive - but can I pick you up on/ query a couple?

Less than 30 minutes from Aberdeen to a home game
    - so as the new stadium is *in* Aberdeen - do you have a definition of aberdeen that is different to the rest of us? So i reckon that I could travel from aberdeen (dyce side of the Don) to turriff in 30 mins.... I did ask what was a reasonable time to travel... so I'll take 30 mins which surely is possible for a lot more fans at Kingsford than Pittodrie? Anyone having to drive into "aberdeen" (what minimum 30 Mins) is going to be better off?

0 minutes before the game
    is it? I thought buy on the gate wasn't allowed as you had to be vetted / registered?
    Last edited by notinmyname; 06-09-2017 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    SS you ignorant ****, I'm prepared right here to wager £1000 that crowds will go up when we move to Kingsford, planning approval dependent obviously.

Upon approval, money sent to an approved forum middleman, Facebook verification provided to middleman to back up payment.
    ...yeah, ok, sure you've had enough - but you are just doing a version of asking someone outside for a fight! "I'm going to ask you to back up your opinion with money otherwise shut up".... sorry as much as I want the new gaff and disagree with SS - cyberbullying isn't great - you just scare people off from disagreeing with your point of view in 'public' and they foster a massive resentment! And FFS that has wrecked our whole f***ing society!

Yup - remember going to pittodrie with my grandad at 3 (couldn't put it in context until much later) remember my brother being born (2 and a half years younger) remember the penguin parade at Edinburgh zoo (3 years old from family photos context), falling down the stairs and busting my head requiring a trip to the hospital... many others. But i also know people that don't remember anything before 6.... means nothing. I'll rephrase the question into something fairer. How old were you when you went that you remember? Who did you go with? Take this as a chance to paint an amazing picture of the game and what happened and what made an impression and why that made you want to be an aberdeen fan.... you can refute the accusation of hun/westhiller etc

I would worry that you remember game 3 years ago... I'm in a strange situation where I just want to reach out and tell you to go see someone? Not scoring random internet points here...

Thanks for the answers tho.. quite inclusive - but can I pick you up on/ query a couple?

- so as the new stadium is *in* Aberdeen - do you have a definition of aberdeen that is different to the rest of us? So i reckon that I could travel from aberdeen (dyce side of the Don) to turriff in 30 mins.... I did ask what was a reasonable time to travel... so I'll take 30 mins which surely is possible for a lot more fans at Kingsford than Pittodrie? Anyone having to drive into "aberdeen" (what minimum 30 Mins) is going to be better off?

is it? I thought buy on the gate wasn't allowed as you had to be vetted / registered?
    I can't remember anything about early games except Shearer scoring goals and his song. Walking along King Street past Pittodrie Bar sticks out more and the camera stand above the Merkland seats. Wooden seats in the main stand. I'm actually sure that whoever took me wouldn't have taken me on a bus full of fans to Westhill after a walk into town.

It's reasonable to say that after Lang Stracht is not in Aberdeen. It's not connected and there's no pavement.

You can buy tickets from the ticket office.

I can't remember anything about early games

I'm actually sure that whoever took me wouldn't have taken me on a bus full of fans to Westhill after a walk into town.
    So to get this straight, you cannot remember the early games but you are certain that the person that took you
    would not have ventured so far as taking you on a bus. Who are you the ****ing queen?

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast