+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Your gona struggle in the ...........

Your gona struggle in the ...........

Championship !!

Next !

I looked at our fixtures played so far of the 7 games played we have played 4 in the bottom half of the table including the bottom 2 winning all 4 of the 3 we've played in the top half we've lost 2 of them and won the other one,it suggests the sides we have played and won are mainly strugglers so as expected we will be comfortable but will probably fall away unless we improve against the top sides

Still very early days

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    I looked at our fixtures played so far of the 7 games played we have played 4 in the bottom half of the table including the bottom 2 winning all 4 of the 3 we've played in the top half we've lost 2 of them and won the other one,it suggests the sides we have played and won are mainly strugglers so as expected we will be comfortable but will probably fall away unless we improve against the top sides

Still very early days
    Let's enjoy the ride,owt's possible wi this manager.UTCB

all i really wanted from the opening month was a few results to prove we really belonged (i never doubted it, just wanted to see it) and I am massively impressed at how we've gone way beyond that

i have no interest in analysing who we have beaten to climb to 3rd in the CHAMPIONSHIP coz over the last 6 years ive seen us lose to Fleetwood, Oldham, Chesterfield, Yeovil, Gillingham to name but a few from a very long **** list.

Quote Originally Posted by AceOfBlades View Post
    all i really wanted from the opening month was a few results to prove we really belonged (i never doubted it, just wanted to see it) and I am massively impressed at how we've gone way beyond that

i have no interest in analysing who we have beaten to climb to 3rd in the CHAMPIONSHIP coz over the last 6 years ive seen us lose to Fleetwood, Oldham, Chesterfield, Yeovil, Gillingham to name but a few from a very long **** list.
    Have a LIKE Acey.UTCB

Don't get me wrong I'm lovin every minute of it and long may it continue and I'm sure a lot of quotes I'm seeing are tongue in cheek but it just looks like a lot of us are gettin a bit too co cky it looks easy atm I'm just pointing out why it may look that way and we can expect it to get a lot tougher,I'm hoping like everyone else they rise to the challenge and keep making a mockery of the predictions nothing would give me greater pleasure,as it is I'm enjoying the ride I'm just not shouting my mouth off words tend to get used against you to look foolish if you start firing from the hip

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post

Still very early days
    Just like it's far too early to talk about us finishing at the top end or struggling, I think that it's also to early to say that the teams that we played are strugglers or top end, what we did last season is the proof of that. The table is all over the place right now but give it another 3 or 4 games and a 1/4 of the season gone and we'll have a better idea where we are at.

My own thoughts are that our fit first choice match day squad will give most teams a game, but we may struggle if we lost 2 or 3 key players. I'm not prepared to name those players because I'm superstitious. I would assume that if we managed to hold reasonable form up to the next window and we we still near or in the play-offs, the owners/board would push the boat out to cover those positions with a bit more quality.