+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welding

Welding

Does anyone ken where I could do a basic welding course (Opito approved) in toon or the shire and how much it would cost?

Any help would be much appreciated

What type of welding is it you are wanting to do? I don't know of anywhere near here that do courses unless you are in some of the colleges. R+M engineering in Huntly is where we sometimes go to do a MIG welding test so they might do some courses.

Mig welding. It would come in handy doon here as i have to wait about for sh@t to be done as F&M are busy old c@nts. Im being pro active and going to put myself through it. Another thing on my cv too. Did the same with my rigging course. Did it so i can do my own sh@t and nae wait up to a day for other folk

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Does anyone ken where I could do a basic welding course (Opito approved) in toon or the shire and how much it would cost?

Any help would be much appreciated
    Don't know if you will get OPITO course but you could try ITCA in Dyce

What would the most basic course be. Im nae looking to fo anything complex. I just want a cert that will allow me to use the welders for basic fixes on tooling,making tooling and jigs etc. Nothing that needed certified/inspected. But i canna use the equipment with nothing. Used to just use them but they came down on it and banned it.

It's hard to say pacmin. It's the same with everything these days - put your self through a course/test for a particular job then a few months down the line some pen pusher has scrapped it and now says you have to do a new funcy course instead. I mind when sites around here were happy to let you on if you had a 'labourers card' then it was a 'constructors skills' card and then after you had that they changed it so you needed a 'cscs' card. It's all a load of b*llocks.

If the folk in charge of the job you are on say you need OPITO ticket to fire up a welder then you will need to go to them and find out where they do courses. I've never heard of them so googled it and am still none the wiser. Nae muckle use I ken.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    It's hard to say pacmin. It's the same with everything these days - put your self through a course/test for a particular job then a few months down the line some pen pusher has scrapped it and now says you have to do a new funcy course instead. I mind when sites around here were happy to let you on if you had a 'labourers card' then it was a 'constructors skills' card and then after you had that they changed it so you needed a 'cscs' card. It's all a load of b*llocks.

If the folk in charge of the job you are on say you need OPITO ticket to fire up a welder then you will need to go to them and find out where they do courses. I've never heard of them so googled it and am still none the wiser. Nae muckle use I ken.
    Turns out an Inspector need to be opito approved and nae the lacky doing the welding. So just a mig welding course would suffice

The main qualifications for welding seem to be ex military, tattoo sleeves, white Audi ownership & a Facebook account to post whining updates about how hard your life is. All those would make you more qualified than a welding inspector, who pick up a small fortune for melting a wax pencil every half hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    The main qualifications for welding seem to be ex military, tattoo sleeves, white Audi ownership & a Facebook account to post whining updates about how hard your life is. All those would make you more qualified than a welding inspector, who pick up a small fortune for melting a wax pencil every half hour.
    Not ex military
    Nae sleeve tats
    Nae Audi
    Nae facebook

Im nae getting a course at this rate

You'll need to work out at the gym as well. When you're not in the gym, it's important to know what's going on at the gym, who's taking what to bulk up & who's lifting what. It's important to look like a tattooed man mountain when you're crying on Facebook about missing your burd. Developing political leanings to the right of Mussolini is an advantage, as well as having an uncle further up the ladder.

Worked with welders for years and only two of them were genuinely sound. Both Aberdeen fans

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast