+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: O/T - Could Notts CCC Miss Out On The Title?

Promoted.

And on another front, Stokes & Hales are out of the Aussies tour for their appalling loutish behaviour in the streets of Bristol. Stokes is said to be 'fragile' and 'devastated'. Ah, the poor love. Looking at the CCTV of the incident, he could have killed the kid he floored.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    And on another front, Stokes & Hales are out of the Aussies tour for their appalling loutish behaviour in the streets of Bristol. Stokes is said to be 'fragile' and 'devastated'. Ah, the poor love. Looking at the CCTV of the incident, he could have killed the kid he floored.
    Looking at the CCTV of the incident, how could Hales' behaviour be described as appalling and loutish?

Hales was also never on the Aussie tour, so would struggle to be out of it. Stokes has also not been kicked out yet. They are on full paid leave pending further enquiries.

There's enough sensationalist/incorrect journalism in the world without you starting too pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Despite Northants winning as expected, I am expecting the captains to shake hands on a draw down at Hove at 16:30, securing promotion for Notts. A fitting finale for Chris Read, one last rescue act which has been a trademark of a brilliant career. He will be hard to to replace next season.
    Yes spot on EP thanks Mr Read what a way to bow out, two cups and a promotion lets hope there is a double promotion with Notts getting out of this crappy Division 4 this season...

Quote Originally Posted by purelybenjamin View Post
    Looking at the CCTV of the incident, how could Hales' behaviour be described as appalling and loutish?

Hales was also never on the Aussie tour, so would struggle to be out of it. Stokes has also not been kicked out yet. They are on full paid leave pending further enquiries.

There's enough sensationalist/incorrect journalism in the world without you starting too pal.
    How do you mean starting, he's been doing it for years!

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    How do you mean starting, he's been doing it for years!
    May I ask which of my many articles you are referring to or are you just making it up?

Quote Originally Posted by purelybenjamin View Post

Yes, I'll give you that Hales is relatively quiet on the Sun video but Stokes needs the book thrown at him. You would defend a thug like him on what grounds?

Great Notts are promoted .On what happened in Bristol I would give Hales the benefit of the doubt but doesn't look good for Stokes and more footage as emerged of him apparently mimicking a disabled child . Totally unacceptable .

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Yes, I'll give you that Hales is relatively quiet on the Sun video but Stokes needs the book thrown at him. You would defend a thug like him on what grounds?
    At this stage, maybe on the grounds of innocent until proven guilty? Not looking good for Stokes, but this seems a case for the law courts rather than the cricket authorities or internet judges.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Great Notts are promoted.
    Great, but more of a sense of relief than elation on the promotion. To be honest, Notts are very lucky to be going up - we finished 5 points clear of Northants but they suffered a 5 point deduction due to (I think) slow over rates. Without that deduction they would have been promoted on the basis of more wins. When you look at the squads of Div 2 teams, Notts are head and shoulders above the rest, and promotion should have been the formality it looked for most of the season. At least the weaknesses have been highlighted so hopefully they will be addressed over the winter. Ignoring that and looking glass half full, it's been a brilliant season - winning both one day trophies and a promotion are no mean feat.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast