+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Noble

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    It is a fact that he was booed off on his last game for us with fans shouting get rid, it is a fact he was sent off on numerous occasions and it is also a fact that he as left FGR under controversial circumstances. I back Nolan but I hope this doesn't come back to bite him or the team on the @rse.
    Agreed

Noble's sending-off v Cambridge is at 1.35, plus a replay at 1.40ish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppba3QCb8JQ

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Me neither...the bloke is a liability leopard and spots spring to mind, it will all end in tears, ...Wonder if Nolan sought the advice of people like Smith and Edwards before deciding, surely they would have told him he's a toss pot...
    Great interview with KN on iFollow today.....he's aware of everyone's reservations (even though he doesn't go on social media) BUT he's spoken to Noble, explained that he "doesn't want a bomb to go off in the changing room".....if Noble gets dropped KN "expects him to fight for his place back" (not literally, obviously).....Noble is keen to come back to ML because of Nolan, Smith and particularly Shola who he regards "as a legend, man".plus he wants to make up for his perceived errors here...."he has unfinished business here and can see the "new" Notts going places"....."he wants to be a part of it"

Nolan explained that he also went through a patch "where his mind wasn't right at West Ham".....he understands what Noble had been going through, but feels that he had calmed down at FGR (no reds and only a handful of yellows as FGR captain)

In summary, Nolan wants Noble, he's changed, he's improved, he will get even better.....and if Noble goes "off the rails again", KN will be "having a word with him, don't worry".........Shola drove Noble down in his car yesterday......Noble was "over the moon.....man"

ps it was Shola's birthday yesterday....KN says "he's older than me now, but loves all the training.....leads some of it, especially the long-distance runs"
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 13-10-2017 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    If we had re-signed Traore then I would have seen that as a positive move.
    Notts fans would have got fed up with him not launching the ball forward enough pretty sharpish, accused him of being too small and only passing sideways and he probably would've been called lazy by a few before too long too, our fans don't seem to accept that kind of player.

Not sure Noble needs to improve technically too much, surely the fact he gets goals and assists (24 at FGR in a season is a crazy number) shows that his technical ability is one of his strongest assets?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Great interview with KN on iFollow today.....he's aware of everyone's reservations (even though he doesn't go on social media) BUT he's spoken to Noble, explained that he "doesn't want a bomb to go off in the changing room".....if Noble gets dropped KN "expects him to fight for his place back" (not literally, obviously).....Noble is keen to come back to ML because of Nolan, Smith and particularly Shola who he regards "as a legend, man".plus he wants to make up for his perceived errors here...."he has unfinished business here and can see the "new" Notts going places"....."he wants to be a part of it"

Nolan explained that he also went through a patch "where his mind wasn't right at West Ham".....he understands what Noble had been going through, but feels that he had calmed down at FGR (no reds and only a handful of yellows as FGR captain)

In summary, Nolan wants Noble, he's changed, he's improved, he will get even better.....and if Noble goes "off the rails again", KN will be "having a word with him, don't worry".........Shola drove Noble down in his car yesterday......Noble was "over the moon.....man"

ps it was Shola's birthday yesterday....KN says "he's older than me now, but loves all the training.....leads some of it, especially the long-distance runs"

No-one trains as well as these lads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RPF4TezIno

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    No-one trains as well as these lads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RPF4TezIno
    No wonder they look out of puff.

Personally I think on a free this is a good, if morally a bit dubious, signing.

We were such a mess as a club when he left that he deserves a clean slate. As others have said though, he's got a battle on if he wants to get into the team as midfield is our strongest area.

You have to back Nolan too. He's turned less talented performers into solid players for us this season.

COYP

Hope they stay on track.

Their crossing is a bit level and they player with a sleeper at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Personally I think on a free this is a good, if morally a bit dubious, signing.
    Me too, but if we bothered that much about morals, we wouldn't have loved Hughesie so much. I know he's not at that level, but 24 assists even at a tier below is not to be sniffed at. We don't have a player who can do that.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast