+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone still in the Pulis to stay camp?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    I have to say I think this is the key question.

In this PL world do owners really care about what the fans think? How much do they rely upon turnstile income over TV money?

I suspect all the owners care about is the club meeting their (the owners) financial ambitions. For the likes of us and the majority of the clubs that will be staying in the PL. For the big 6 it will be getting into the Champions League.

As long as the owners think our best bet of staying in the PL is with TP at the helm then in my opinion they couldn’t care less about entertainment or style of play and probably don’t even see what that is anyway.

The change will only come if TP walks or the owners are persuaded that unless he is replaced there is a greater chance that we will be relegated.
    In our quest for the kind of football we want to see as opposed to the dross we are served up at the moment....we do tend to overlook the situation you are pointing out...maybe if there are enough blue seats on show at home games the penny might drop with the owners.

I wish we would just change our style of play we have the player to do that . I don't want TP to go just get some pride back playing decent football , we need stability as most clubs do . But if he can't do that then i believe he has to go . Our football is dire right now .

We should stick with till Xmas and give him time to let the players jell.

I've still got a foot in the stay camp....just

Up till this season TP stuck with what he knew & it worked, not exactly exciting to watch but you can stomach it if the results are positive.

This season I have become concerned, not so much with the results but with the constant chopping and changing of systems.

To me Pulis is making 2 glaring errors: -

1. No system exists that can accommodate 3 defensive midfielders, please stop trying to play Barry, Livermore & Krychowiak together!!

2. Chadli is not effective on the wing, his best period of play for us was before his injury last year when he was playing in the CAM role. It is also the only period in Rondons time with us that he didn't look isolated & was actually scoring!! Yet he has barely played their since.

Without the results even an optimistic person such as myself finds the quality hard to stomach, I would give him till the end of November to turn things round, which unfortunately for those who value pretty football over results will require TP going back to what he knows best.

Long term I think maybe TP has reached the same point he did at Stoke.

At this stage of the season I am still in the "better the devil you know" camp. I would need to be assured that there is an improvement waiting to take over the role. The next few games against serious opposition may in fact bring the issue to a head. Putin may just secure us a point or two...albeit with his unattractive parked up style.
    Review in December.

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    At this stage of the season I am still in the "better the devil you know" camp. I would need to be assured that there is an improvement waiting to take over the role. The next few games against serious opposition may in fact bring the issue to a head. Putin may just secure us a point or two...albeit with his unattractive parked up style.
    Review in December.
    Always respect for your views Prando but I feel that December will be too late this time and this team will not achieve a 'Great Escape'.

Can't see many if any points from the next four games by which time we could and probably will be firmly ensconced in the drop zone.

I'm definatley in the Pulis out camp.Ive put up with the defensive boring football because we used to accumulate points. For The last 21 games we haven't (hardly) The atmosphere in the ground is disappearing (which has to have some bearance on the players ).We have very passionate supporters that get behind the team and sing their hearts out which in turn lifts the players, but how can anyone get excited watching teams have 75% of the ball. As a player ,even from a child you want to play good football and have a go at teams (keep the ball and attack,defend well when you have to).Im a season ticket holder for as long as I can remember and I've been confused under Pulis as to what I should want from football. Should I be happy to be bored to tears watching my beloved Albion , knowing under Pulis we're likely to be safe( not guaranteed) . Or get someone in like Koeman who may just get us playing attractive football with a bigger risk of going down. ( although we may stay up and do well). I say fxxk it take the risk and let's see us have a go.Get in someone new to inject life into our players,our fans, our stadium and our club. Pulis OUT!!!!!!!

TP seems to be struggling with a formation with his new signings......He must have brought them in with a purpose in mind...
    That said...we have in some matches created chances which we never took.....We seem to need 5 clear chances to take one...that is not good enough. Players also under performing as well.
    The set up has to change now as no matter how defensive we attempt to be against Man City and the likes...they are most likely going to tear us a new arse hole to be honest....
    Keep, as the alternatives are woeful out there.
    Big money some of our players are on now...they also really need to take a good luck at their own game......

Every match this season, and almost every match during TP's stint in charge we have had fewer chances than the opposition Dub so it would be fair to say, using that analysis, that we should have lost every game! It's the only excuse Tone can come up with.
    Welcome to the board BaggieBail.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Every match this season, and almost every match during TP's stint in charge we have had fewer chances than the opposition Dub so it would be fair to say, using that analysis, that we should have lost every game! It's the only excuse Tone can come up with.
    Welcome to the board BaggieBail.
    I think that's a fair point. Most matches the opposition has deserved to win because they had more chances such as last Saturday's match v Saints. I was better the devil you know as IMO he deserves some credit as he's a good defensive coach. Lately I've just had the feeling of 'what's the point?' Our games remind me of a game of attack v defence that we used to play at school. We defend deep for the majority of the game with little possession, give the ball away cheaply once we win it back and off we go again. With the squad we have we should be transitioning from the style that once served us well when options were limited to a more expansive less regimented style. Now we have some genuinely good additions let's trust them. My change of mind has come about because it's not happening. Were it, I would support TP but it isn't so why sign players that could achieve this in the first place?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)