+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T armistice day

Some really sad cutns on here.
    No respect for fk all.
    But if invaders were coming. They would be screaming for our armed forces.
    Personaly I would leave them to look after themselves.

Speaking of Marines, one of 'em turned up at our house with seven of his mates, all officers. What a weekend that was, drinking, exercise and drinking again. They were like brothers looking after each other, from rubbing suntan oil on each other's backs to doing squats with two of 'em draped across their shoulders lol.
    I took them to Siesta Beach and it was like they were rockstars, they wore speedos for a laugh and I had people coming up to me and thanking me for bringing them.
    When they left they tidied up and it was like they'd never been here.
    They left here for Miami and went to The Ritz and told them they'd like to stay but couldn't afford to. When they flashed their RM identity cards the hotel let them stay for 3 nights on the house. Nice one.Name:  rm.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  96.0 KB
    Last edited by sota; 11-11-2017 at 07:10 PM.

Bloody hell Sota don’t drink with marines.
    Some stories I could tell you but that’s for another day.
    Your family member has my respect

Cheers Yak. Two of them are twins I won''t say which two lol. I believe they are the first twins ever to become officers in the RM. The guy looking left can do a sub 4 minute mile :-)

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Some really sad cutns on here.
    No respect for fk all.
    But if invaders were coming. They would be screaming for our armed forces.
    Personaly I would leave them to look after themselves.
    Interestingly nobody's successfully invaded us since 1066 and yet we've invaded over 200 country's , 90% of the world .

Sorry pal , I haven't written the history I only speak as I find .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Interestingly nobody's successfully invaded us since 1066 and yet we've invaded over 200 country's , 90% of the world
    You reckon?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Interestingly nobody's successfully invaded us since 1066 and yet we've invaded over 200 country's , 90% of the world .

Sorry pal , I haven't written the history I only speak as I find .
    Well let me tell you about my Uncle George’s contribution to what you call history.

Due to him coming from s poor family at a time when jobs were hard to come by he decided to join the army. This was 1938 and already Hitler was putting his stamp on Europe. He wjoined the East Yorks Regiment and they taught him to be a Bren gun carrier driver.

War broke out and he was shipped to Europe as part of the British Expeditionary Force, the BEF. After numerous minor battles with German panzers his unit ended up at Dunkirk to join the evacuation. Other than a large shrapnel cut to his head he escaped relatively unscathed.

His unit then had a reasonably quiet period but come D-Day they were there on the Normandy landings pushing off the beaches into the Normandy countryside. The regiment then saw major action outside Caen abundance that’s where George met his maker. His Bren gun carrier was caught in crossfire and he caught a bullet in the thigh. The medics rescued him but on the way back to the evac area the ambulance hit a mine killing all.

He was in his middle 20s when he died and his family never got to go to his funeral, he was buried in the war graves at Bayeux where a simple headstone marks his death.

He died before I was born so I never met him but it’s today that I remember him and those like him that died for all our tomorrows.

RIP George

RIP George and thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Well let me tell you about my Uncle George’s contribution to what you call history.

Due to him coming from s poor family at a time when jobs were hard to come by he decided to join the army. This was 1938 and already Hitler was putting his stamp on Europe. He wjoined the East Yorks Regiment and they taught him to be a Bren gun carrier driver.

War broke out and he was shipped to Europe as part of the British Expeditionary Force, the BEF. After numerous minor battles with German panzers his unit ended up at Dunkirk to join the evacuation. Other than a large shrapnel cut to his head he escaped relatively unscathed.

His unit then had a reasonably quiet period but come D-Day they were there on the Normandy landings pushing off the beaches into the Normandy countryside. The regiment then saw major action outside Caen abundance that’s where George met his maker. His Bren gun carrier was caught in crossfire and he caught a bullet in the thigh. The medics rescued him but on the way back to the evac area the ambulance hit a mine killing all.

He was in his middle 20s when he died and his family never got to go to his funeral, he was buried in the war graves at Bayeux where a simple headstone marks his death.

He died before I was born so I never met him but it’s today that I remember him and those like him that died for all our tomorrows.

RIP George
    Don't waste your breath Grist he's nothing more than a troll trying to be unnecessarily provocative and is too unintelligent to understand how disrespectful he is being by the posts he is making.

We'll all have family members who served in the Great War or World War 2, my mothers Great Uncle was killed at Gallapoli and my Great Uncle Jim was one of the desert rats and chased the Germans across North Africa, thankfully he came home, but like many of his generation spoke little of the horrors he witnessed.

As the poem goes:

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning
    We will remember them.

Quote Originally Posted by a123 View Post
    Don't waste your breath Grist he's nothing more than a troll trying to be unnecessarily provocative and is too unintelligent to understand how disrespectful he is being by the posts he is making.

We'll all have family members who served in the Great War or World War 2, my mothers Great Uncle was killed at Gallapoli and my Great Uncle Jim was one of the desert rats and chased the Germans across North Africa, thankfully he came home, but like many of his generation spoke little of the horrors he witnessed.

As the poem goes:

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
    Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the morning
    We will remember them.

Read my opening post pal and then come back and tell me if I'm disrespectful or not .

I lost my grandfather during the early days of the allied advance in France during 1944 , he left behind a wife and 7 kids .

His fell fighting a justifiable cause and I'm proud he did .

Trolling you say , I have had many a debate with a work mate who served in Iraq and Afghanistan face to face , I aint no keyboard warrior I can tell you that .

My work mate understands my opinion and I get his , we don't agree but I respect him and he likewise .

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast