+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Made of stearner stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Donald_Valley View Post
    I was there. He continued his poor form or should I say poor performances because I’ve never seen any form whilst he’s been here. But I will say this, he wasn’t alone.

The two late goals papered over the cracks. If they continue like this we are in trouble.
    Who?

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    If I couldn't do a better job than our current head of recruitment I'm not the man I think/know I am.
    incredible!

The funniest thing is that he actually means it.
    Last edited by Masbroughstreet; 13-12-2017 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    incredible!

The funniest thing is that he actually means it.
    Tell me apart from Williams & Da Ball & perhaps Ihiewke & Purrington who are our signings who are good enough. Proctor when he was fit yes. Ajayi if he get's his confidence back maybe. Rest I can't think of any justifying there contracts. Potter always said this was a mates early retirement present. Mix that in with playing yr Fordes & yr Newells that's why we are not in league in the top 6 were we should be, also we have no keeper good enough, no right back good enough. Need a centre back, a holding midfielder with a pulse. Williams only winger we have good enough & will need at least one striker.

Quote Originally Posted by dmentor View Post
    gwru,you are totally wrong about Potter,he is the best footballer at our club,but he as been struggling a bit since his injury.
    You are totally right about Potter. He is the best footballer at the club. Initially I thought he might be too old but he is exactly what we need in midfield. I haven't been monitoring this but I would believe it if someone said that his pass completion rate was in the high 80%s. Vaulks on the other hand I wouldn't be surprised if his pass completion rate is around the 50% mark. Vaulks tries worldy balls when he has a simple pass on, and in probably 95% of those cases we lose the ball as a team. Potter has far better decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Tell me apart from Williams & Da Ball & perhaps Ihiewke & Purrington who are our signings who are good enough. Proctor when he was fit yes. Ajayi if he get's his confidence back maybe. Rest I can't think of any justifying there contracts. Potter always said this was a mates early retirement present. Mix that in with playing yr Fordes & yr Newells that's why we are not in league in the top 6 were we should be, also we have no keeper good enough, no right back good enough. Need a centre back, a holding midfielder with a pulse. Williams only winger we have good enough & will need at least one striker.
    If most of the squad isn't good enough then why do you think we should be in the top 6? Talk about contradicting yourself...

It's hard to take you seriously because you said that Williams, Ball and Ihiekwe weren't good enough at the start of the season and now they're the only good players we've got. Plus you've been back and forth on Potter so many times, I think you've forgotten yourself whether or not you rate him. No wonder people think you're on a wind up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123